PDA

View Full Version : Are all amazons crazy? Or just mine ;-)

Birdboy
10-27-2013, 02:02 AM
Just wondering if your amazons are hypo and energetic like Keiko

Honesty
10-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Oh yes! Codie is very hyper too :D

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

Pinkbirdy
10-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Mine is quite older [and he isn't]. But I have a sneaking suspicion [that's how he used to be :)] tell us about yours !!

Birdboy
10-27-2013, 08:49 PM
We'll keiko is plain crazy.
She does flips on her perch till 9pm.
She runs around all day.
She makes the weirdest sounds.
And she has some pretty weird dance moves ;-)

Feathers First Aviary
10-29-2013, 02:22 AM
Our blue front is at least 22 years old and he's not what I would consider hyper but he does get bursts of energy where he will swing from his toys, try to kill his bell and sometimes he just hoots and hollers, his favorite is yelling "wooooo!!" "Wooohooo!!" In the most adorable voice ever, I usually can't help but join him in all the wooing, always puts a smile on my face, a joyous parrot is a great mood elevator :) we also have a bonded pair of red lored amazons and they are nuts! They love each other to death but also argue a lot, they will scream at each other one minute and sit and preen each others faces the next. Rasta, the hen is pretty friendly with us and she's a pretty good talker, reggie, who's supposed to be a male, although I'm thinking he's really a she, doesn't like people at all and will go as far as not letting rasta near us, for her safety I pressume lol. If she tries to come over to interact with us he will literally run in between us and give her a nip to get her to run back away from us or he will try to intimidate us away...such a good protector lol

Debra
10-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Aw, how sweet is that? I don't have an amazon, but love hearing your stories about them. Keep them coming!

Blancaej
10-31-2013, 01:47 AM
Sounds like she is a whole lot of fun to me! :th_wink:

94lt1
11-03-2013, 01:27 AM
Ours is crazy...but we love it!