PDA

View Full Version : Some of our Americans

Feathers First Aviary
10-26-2013, 03:50 AM
I had a free second so I thought I'd share a couple of our american budgies :)

This is Klaus and Sunny, Klaus is split Ino so he's been giving us gorgeous albinos and even a creamino baby(all hens of course) I just love his eyes!
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Here are two of their babies that I decided to keep

Heres the creamino, I am absolutely in love with her! The pink on her wing and foot is from a red wooden toy she likes to play with, unfortunately the best time to play with it is right after taking a bath so all the dye rubs off, of course!

And this is lucy and ricky, Ricky is also one of Klaus and Sunny's babies so I'm hoping he's split ino as well so we can actually get some male albinos as well as females :)

Birdboy
10-26-2013, 04:40 AM
They look AMAZING
Good work!

Feathers First Aviary
10-26-2013, 05:03 AM

coltfire
10-26-2013, 05:31 AM
they look great, i dont get the American Budgies out here, so i play with English and Australian budgies, Sara here is a link to some pics of mine
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Feathers First Aviary
10-26-2013, 05:43 AM
I may be wrong but I think American and australian budgies are the same thing, you know how americans are, always like to take credit for everything, lol(that was a joke, before anyone gets offended by that!).
I have an english boy that looks just like your one hen, the grey with the egg stuck in her feathers :P which by the way, I've never seen that happen before!
Your budgies are gorgeous, thanks for sharing :)

Honesty
10-26-2013, 06:47 AM
They are beautiful Sara :D

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

spiritbird
10-26-2013, 01:31 PM
I could look at your photos Sara and Steve all day long. I was reading that you can pretty much tell of a budgie is older by looking at the eye. When they are young the eyes are very dark and as they age the eyes turn softer. In looking at Klaus he eyes tell me he is not a younger bird. Is this theory true?

coltfire
10-26-2013, 01:46 PM
we learn some thing new every day, and iv'e learnt two new things today . i will wait for Sara to answer that one Dianne, as iv'e always gone off there beaks, but i just went and looked at them all and you know what the older birds are softer in the eye's to the younger birds

Blancaej
10-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Beautiful budgies!

Feathers First Aviary
10-28-2013, 09:11 AM
I could look at your photos Sara and Steve all day long. I was reading that you can pretty much tell of a budgie is older by looking at the eye. When they are young the eyes are very dark and as they age the eyes turn softer. In looking at Klaus he eyes tell me he is not a younger bird. Is this theory true?
Klaus is actually only four years old, I have a retired pair that is at least 8 years old but I'm guessing that they are over ten and they both have solid black. eyes. One of my babies from that retired pair is a year and a half old yellow faced sky blue and he has eyes just like klaus. I love when you can see their irises, they get so excited when courting females, they're pupils get tiny as their heads get all puffy, its so cute :)

spiritbird
10-28-2013, 12:22 PM
Aww As a breeder you must see so many really cute birdie antics. I guess you also have your share of not so nice events. You should write some stories about your experiences. Would love to read them.

Minamommy
11-15-2013, 05:14 AM
My little budgie Lucy HATES me. Well hates everyone. She has from day one. I would take her out of the cage she would go in I would take her out she would go in. So finally I got her a plastic budgie we call Bob. She has a love hate relationship with poor bob. So I just talk to her everyday and and let her beat up Bob. The only time things go bad is if I take her out to bath her..... I tell her softly it's for your own good you will feel better. Then after she gets her millet and we are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])