PDA

View Full Version : Soggy baby green cheek

Feathers First Aviary
10-26-2013, 03:03 AM
One of our baby cinnamon green cheeks decided he was going to take his first bath today, but only after putting a paper condiment cup in the water and playing with it first. Just wanted to share one of the pics I snapped as "he"(should get DNA back in a week but until then he is a he lol) was bathing, this was my favorite one. I just love these guys, I'm going to miss them so much when they're gone and I'm really not just saying that, they've become such a big part of my daily activities, letting them go really is the hardest part and I don't think it gets any easier with any amount of time. But I'll quit being sappy and show off my soggy baby :p

Sorry it's so small, if you click on it it gets bigger :)

coltfire
10-26-2013, 05:34 AM
looks like he is totally enjoying his bath.

Birdboy
10-26-2013, 06:11 AM
He/she is soooo cute

Honesty
10-26-2013, 06:46 AM
He is very cute :D

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

spiritbird
10-26-2013, 01:33 PM
I was wondering about how you deal with the loss of seeing you babies go to another home. Do you have any of your own?

Feathers First Aviary
10-26-2013, 08:47 PM
I was wondering about how you deal with the loss of seeing you babies go to another home. Do you have any of your own?

Yes, aside from our breeding pairs we have an ameirican budgie, a slighlty handicapable english budgie, a black capped conure, 2 red lored amazons, a blue fronted amazon and an umbrella cockatoo. We also babysit a U2 for a woman while she does mission work in kenya so we have him for several months at a time throughout the year as well. It's always very hard to see them go but the internet has made it much easier for me to keep in touch so I can at least get updates. And for the babies that stay local I always offer to babysit if they ever need to go away and that allows me to see the babies again as well. I always try to match birds with people as best as possible so I know they will be happy in their new homes and I have to tell myself that if I keep them I can't keep raising more babies. I do think it makes it a bit easier when you have it in your head from the start that they will be going to their new family in a couple months, but there are always those ones that no matter how well you try to condition yourself to it you still get way too attached to them, these two conures are an example of that!

Blancaej
10-26-2013, 09:49 PM
Great shot!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Feathers First Aviary
10-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Great shot!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

shel
10-31-2013, 02:15 AM
my GCC, beaker, comes downstairs with me every morning when i wake up. i turn on the kitchen faucet to a drip and he bathes and drinks while i take my meds and make breakfast. sometimes he gets upset if he is not done with his bath when i am ready to move him to the computer to eat and get on with our daily routine.

Feathers First Aviary
10-31-2013, 02:38 AM
my GCC, beaker, comes downstairs with me every morning when i wake up. i turn on the kitchen faucet to a drip and he bathes and drinks while i take my meds and make breakfast. sometimes he gets upset if he is not done with his bath when i am ready to move him to the computer to eat and get on with our daily routine.

Aw, that's so cute! Sounds like he has you trained quite well! :D

shel
10-31-2013, 03:37 PM
Aw, that's so cute! Sounds like he has you trained quite well! :D

oh yes he does. he is the king of the house and he knows it. silly little chicken.