PDA

View Full Version : Linnie Love

Blancaej
10-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Here are some great photos I took of Morgan last night watching TV with Buttercup in the bird room.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Blueberry joins Buttercup - Not the best pic of my sweet pea! LOL!

Debra
10-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Those are great! How is Buttercup's biting coming along?

Blancaej
10-24-2013, 02:34 PM
She is doing a whole lot better. Her biting was minimal after her first week with us and she loves hanging out with Morgan. Blueberry doesn't seem to like hands but yesterday I managed to have him perch on my hand and he stayed there for awhile. So some signs of improvement there, too!

I am a little concerned that Buttercup may be picking at Blueberry though. Last night I noticed he has some feathers missing on the top of his head. I figured the only way this could happen is if he was scratching (which I haven't noticed any of that) or Buttercup is picking feathers from his head. They do seem to be preening each others head all the time. They can get a little testy with each other, too. If it continues I may have to separate them. Any thoughts? I will to take a pic if I can get Blueberry to sit still long enough!

spiritbird
10-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Pics are totally adorable. Sometimes Chipper and Gypsy have little fusses with eachother. They are together all day light hours and then separated for nite nite. That will change when the female comes along. She will be in a cage alone until acclimated to the new surroundings. Then together with Chipper. I really do think they get tired of being together unless mated. Can you try sep. at night?

Blancaej
10-24-2013, 07:12 PM
I can easily separate them at night actually. I have a smaller cage that one could easily sleep in at night. Maybe I should consider that. Thank you for the advice Dianne!

Honesty
10-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Those pics are absolutely adorable:)