PDA

View Full Version : Funny moment today

Pinkbirdy
10-24-2013, 01:07 AM
So Im going to tell you about Ruby [my Rescue GreenWing ].She came lunging and snapping at me [and boy was she quick]. So I was a little nervous ! but I thought Not to worry [I will win her over:th_biggrin:].Its funny each bird ,I think ive met my match .It used to be my Zon Tequila but now its her :) Im to the point I can get her in and out of her cage pet her head a little and hold her hand. Today I had her on top of her cage [my sunconure on a playstand and my Zon on top of his cage } Ruby climbed down from her cage onto the floor [first time ] . So I wasn't sure what she was going to do . So I got right down on the floor [on my knees]. She was coming right over to me.I felt confident as she was mouthing my legs [cause I had jeans on]:th_LOL:At this time everybody decided they were jealous and was trying get to me. So as im petting Tequila on my right and Gingee on my left .Ruby went in between my legs and yelled"MOO" .She kept doing it because [I think ] she liked the way it echoed off my wood floors .Also of course because I was laughing [no video camera near me to use ] Darn .Ruby let me pet her a lot and continued to go to her cage and come back to me [even regurgated a little]. I guess she had decided Im her girl :th_biggrin:

Birdboy
10-24-2013, 02:20 AM
:th_hehe: jealous birds are the funniest thing!

Blancaej
10-25-2013, 12:22 AM
That would have been a great Kodak moment! LOL! Glad Ruby is starting to come around! :th_biggrin:

Turquoise
10-28-2013, 05:36 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] isn't it funny how just one change in the way you go about trying to win a new bird's trust & love works wonders! I thought the word she kept saying was so funny!! Once they decide you are the one, everything else just falls into place.:th_hug8:

Green Wings seem to love to play on the floor and they can be so comical. Ruby Jewel will play for hours quietly on her enclosure floor while I sleep for work. She does make a total mess of her paper down there. She also loves to climb all over her top wire upside down, but she rarely plays with her toys. LOL

Roscoe will only go to his floor if he is pissed at me. He will grab a paper take it back up to a perch, tear it up & look to see if I am watching, especially if I just cleaned his floors. If I ignore him, he will keep on til he tires of it. Most of the time I can't hold my laughter that long & he starts talking in garbled verses clearly mad he didn't get the attention he thought his antics would receive.:th_biggrin: