[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Debra
10-23-2013, 10:06 PM
They are enjoying that so much! I wish I had the means to take mine out like that. I don't have small cages for them to stay in and we have tons of raptors around here. I don't want to take the chance that a hawk or vulture would see them as dinner.

Love my Zons
10-23-2013, 10:28 PM
They are enjoying that so much! I wish I had the means to take mine out like that. I don't have small cages for them to stay in and we have tons of raptors around here. I don't want to take the chance that a hawk or vulture would see them as dinner.

I roll Hoosier and Kazoo out in Hoosier's cage it is the only one that fits through the doorway. JP is out in is own cage, that one too rolls out the back door onto the deck. I make sure all door latches are tightened all the way, and good luck for any hawk that thinks they can get through their cages they are very, very sturdy.

spiritbird
10-23-2013, 10:51 PM
They look so healthy and in good feather.

Pinkbirdy
10-23-2013, 11:34 PM
It turns into that doesn't it :) Its all about them . My family cries they would have a better shot at my attention if they had wings {he he ] What are your zons like ?

Love my Zons
10-23-2013, 11:41 PM
It turns into that doesn't it :) Its all about them . My family cries they would have a better shot at my attention if they had wings {he he ] What are your zons like ?

They are extremely social, spoiled flying green dogs. :)

Pinkbirdy
10-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Can you handle them easily ?Do they sing and talk? My Bluefnt is a 30 plus year old rehome [Such a neat guy] But hes the only zon I know . Are yours similar in what their like?

Love my Zons
10-23-2013, 11:51 PM
Can you handle them easily ?Do they sing and talk? My Bluefnt is a 30 plus year old rehome [Such a neat guy] But hes the only zon I know . Are yours similar in what their like?

They are handled each day. They were babies when I got them so they only know what they know. They are very hands on birds. My Red Lored is a snuggly little loveable bug. He will sit and click his beak while on my shoulder just happy to be with me. He will at night roll around and on my Fiance and then just fall asleep on him. Kazoo my Mealy is very good, very smart and not snuggly but you can pick them up whenever they see my hand they are picking up their foot to step up. I guess their behavior is what we made them to be they are just like dogs.

They both talk, my Red Lored is very limited, Kazoo talks a lot more but my Red Lored is the king at mimicking noises.

Pinkbirdy
10-24-2013, 12:00 AM
Always had a crush on Mealys .Are they really that big in person as they say?

Love my Zons
10-24-2013, 12:19 AM
Always had a crush on Mealys .Are they really that big in person as they say? He is a pretty big bird to others but to me he is just a good size. Here is a picture of him this morning after he found a walnut in his foraging bucket. I guess you can guage his size to a walnut LOL

Honesty
10-24-2013, 07:46 AM
Beautiful pics Claire. They look like they are loving the Sunshine.
Codie loves it outside too, unfortunately, it is now winter here in the UK, so he s going to be missing his time outside:(

Blancaej
10-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Claire, your birds are gorgeous! They all look like they are full of personality! :)

Love my Zons
10-24-2013, 02:25 PM
Beautiful pics Claire. They look like they are loving the Sunshine.
Codie loves it outside too, unfortunately, it is now winter here in the UK, so he s going to be missing his time outside:(
Fall is here now so that was a day out but I assume maybe more to come the cold has settled in for a few days lows in the 30's and highs in the mid 50's.

Claire, your birds are gorgeous! They all look like they are full of personality! :) And with that being said yes, they are full of personalities both very good natured Amazons, easily handled and just good boys. JP the oldest has been around a very long time he too is just as cute.

Turquoise
10-27-2013, 09:47 PM
Nice photos. They look like they were having a lot of fun in the sun.