PDA

View Full Version : Left Part of My Heart at Petsmart

spiritbird
10-23-2013, 07:18 PM
I know most of you can understand how you walk into a pet store to get a small item and get truly blown over by one or even two of the birds. This is the store where I will be working the first Sat. in Nov. They have an unbelievable Sun Conure there. His or her name is Nemo as named by the staff. The front of the very large enclosure is open metal so you can talk and interact with the bird. This bird loves people and truly responds to any signs of loving her. I played with Nemo for a while and it loves to do those little loves nips on your skin and fingernails are a favorite. If you walk away that is when you will hear the piercing call from Nemo to come back. The bird keeper said this is by far the sweetest Sun they have ever had in the store. Knowing I could never take her home they let me interact with her behind her cage. She steps up readily and give you a big smooch and then starts to taste you skin. She does not even fly away! Someone is going to get a wonderful conure.:th_heart:

Honesty
10-23-2013, 08:21 PM
He or She sounds adorable Dianne. Maybe they will let you take a pic?

spiritbird
10-23-2013, 08:34 PM
I was thinking that also.

Honesty
10-23-2013, 08:43 PM
I was thinking that also.Look forward to it if you are able to take one :)

Blancaej
10-23-2013, 09:10 PM
She/he sounds like an absolute sweetheart! Hopefully she will find a great forever home! :)

spiritbird
10-23-2013, 10:54 PM
I think the people at this store would only sell her to good people.

Pinkbirdy
10-23-2013, 11:28 PM
I find conures such "People Birds" [they love your attention ] Such little beggers ;)

spiritbird
10-24-2013, 12:15 PM
They are needy for human attention for sure. These kind of birds are very good for a person who is home most of the time. Conures usually will not thrive alone for long periods of time. Will take my camera this weekend and see if I can grab a photo.

Pinkbirdy
10-24-2013, 09:50 PM
You can work full time [and their fine]. You just need to have their time out with you consistent.

spiritbird
10-26-2013, 05:44 PM
I returned to Petsmart with camera in hand for a photo of Nimo. Good news is that this bird was sold to a wonderful, caring bird family. The bad news is that there will be no photo.

Blancaej
10-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Bummer! But I am so happy little Nemo found a home! :th_biggrin: