PDA

View Full Version : DIY Harness

ShellyBorg
10-23-2013, 12:14 AM
I found this guy who took his chewed up Aviator and reuses the hardware and the old harness as a pattern to make new ones. Love this idea, buy and and you are set!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Blancaej
10-23-2013, 12:25 AM
Nice! Great idea! I have one Savannah chewed up that I could repurpose!

ShellyBorg
10-23-2013, 12:27 AM
That's what I was thinking of when I saw this. I have not lost one "yet". Doing it this way if they get chewed oh well. :D And if you can find the hard wear you could make a second for you incoming bird!

shel
10-23-2013, 01:36 AM
i bought my aviator harness and my flight suit with the idea that i can make new ones once i have seen how they were made. haven't had to do that yet, but it will be very easy when the time comes.

one word of advice; if you don't have a heavy duty sewing machine you may not want to try to sew on the nylon strapping. i have a featherweight (yes it is called a *feather*weight...lol) from the 1940's that i can sew leather with. my new "heavy-duty" machine can't even sew a good seam in denim.

shel

Turquoise
10-23-2013, 03:10 AM
My Avatar Harnesses aren't chewed up yet either only because when I try to put them on I have managed to wrestle the head piece from the busy beaks before they can turn them into shredded tweet!

That is a good idea and I am one who rarely ever throws anything away if I think it can be used for something else.:th_biggrin:

I can relate to the new sewing machines not being strong enough to sew through much of anything Shelly! The ones my Mom & Grandma had years ago were real sewing machines. These we have to buy nowadays are just 'wannabes'. :th_shakehead: