PDA

View Full Version : Dobby & Devynn

Maddy
10-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Yesterday I went to a bird show in Orlando, and I came home with two beautiful budgies. I really missed my large budgie flock, so I'm so happy to have more!

So, it is with great pleasure that I introduce Devynn Maria Joyce (white) and Dobby Dunkin (blue).

Aren't they cuties?

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

While we were driving home, I noticed that Dev was acting all weird and panting at the bottom of the cage. I figured she was just hot and needed some water. I got them water, she drank some, and she was still panting! Then she started almost laying her whole body on the floor and backing her bottom up to the corner on the cage. I was very concerned! Then I looked at her bottom, and saw that is was all huge and red! I thought, "OMG! It's an egg bum!" I was worried that she might be egg bound. However, about five minutes later, she laid an egg! Right in front of me.

At the booth we got Dev from, she was caged with a male. The woman told us that if we put a nest box in their cage they would start laying eggs. I was going to get the male as well, but his foot and cere looked all weird. So I just took Devynn. After she laid her egg, I wondered if she had maybe mated with this male... (now I feel bad for just taking her. :( )

I really hope the egg is fertile and that Dev will care for it! I put the old nest box I had for Weasley and Jacob and put it in their cage. I also carefully put her egg in it. I'll candle it in a few days.

Yesterday, right after Devynn laid her egg in the car, I realized something. When Weasley and Jacob were alive, I always dreamed of them being parents. When Jacob passed, my dream was crushed. Well, Dev laid an egg on Jacob's death anniversary. I don't believe in coincidences. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe that Devynn's egg was meant to fulfill my dream. I won't get my hopes up too much, but if it does hatch, s/he will be named after Weasley and Jacob. ♥

Honesty
10-21-2013, 10:43 PM
Congrats Maddy. They are adorable:)

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that the egg is fertile. Keep us posted!

Debra
10-22-2013, 12:01 AM
They are beautiful Maddy! I, too, have my fingers crossed that the egg is fertile.

Honesty
10-22-2013, 09:09 AM
They remind me so much of Harry and Sally:)

Turquoise
10-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Oh such gorgeous budgies!! And the thought that this egg is a continuance for Weasley and Jacob to live on in the fabie within is so touching. :th_hug8:

Keep us updated on how the fabie eggie is doing. And I will be keeping it in my thoughts to hatch and become a gorgeous member of your growing flock. :th_biggrin:

spiritbird
10-22-2013, 06:59 PM
That is wonderful Matty. Love the names. If the egg hatches you have to call the baby "Auto"

Blancaej
10-25-2013, 12:39 AM
Congrats Maddy! They are beautiful!

Maddy
10-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks guys!

I just candled Devynn's egg, and it is not fertile. I am highly disappointed.

Maybe one day I can have my dreamed of babies.

coltfire
10-25-2013, 12:47 PM
they are beautiful budgies Maddy shame about the egg.