PDA

View Full Version : Post your favorite picture and your story why

Pinkbirdy
10-20-2013, 05:25 PM
I have posted 2 [my poor family ,sharing pictures :th_hehe:]. My daughter Julia at this time [Last year] had knee surgery. This of course is home on the couch afterward. Gingee my Sunconure [watched her for hours ]. She new something was wrong. I thought this was so cute. I started taking pictures. Gingee turned to me and puffed up as if to say "Quit it with the pictures " :th_biggrin:[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Blancaej
10-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Nice! I love the pic and the story. Great idea for a thread Terri!

Pinkbirdy
10-20-2013, 05:27 PM
Her she is puffed up [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Honesty
10-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Those pics are adorable Terri. Like Blanca has said, it is a great idea for a thread:)

I will dig some pics out!

Debra
10-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Wonderful pics and story! Such a little watchbird.

Turquoise
10-20-2013, 06:37 PM
That is so adorable. I remember when you posted this photo on another forum and I thought, "How awesome it is that this little bright colored fluff of feathers is so dedicated to overseeing your daughter is protected while she is not feeling her best!"

Gingee is a treasure and she certainly deserves the 'Birdie Award' for going above & beyond what is expected of our feathered kids. :th_hug8:

Mare
10-21-2013, 02:41 AM
Well, this will have to be my all time favorite pic because of the memory behind it. I had lost a family member in an accident, the day before, and was very down. Amigo's empathy touched me in a way that is hard to explain.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

I was sitting on the deck and he flew onto my lap, without being asked. He just sat, didn't demand anything, just sat. I remember, when looking back, what a special feeling this gave me, his calmness.

coltfire
10-21-2013, 03:05 AM
great pics ladies and stories.

Turquoise
10-21-2013, 04:40 AM
I'm going to cheat and put a couple of photos up also. I know this is a bird category & this photo does not include a bird, but my next photo will get back on track & I promise will have a big bird in it! LOL

My first photo was taken quite a few years ago, I think about 10 yrs to be exact. The black poodle on the sofa was Jon La Croix, my best friend.:th_hug8: He was my 'velcro puppy' and literally screamed his bark when I left the house without him. He and my other old poodle Jeaux Ber got to spend 5 years touring the US with Jerry & me on the 18-wheeler.

In this photo Jon La Croix was getting pretty old and could barely get around, but he was always ready to go on the truck. He made the journey over the Rainbow Bridge on 1-10-2008 at the old age of 17 yrs. This photo is very special to me as it is one of a very few I still have of my dear friend. Most of the rest were destroyed in the flood we had at my home a few years later.

My 2nd photo~~Yes the one that actually has a bird in it, is also my avatar. I love this photo of Roscoe and me on his very first outing 3 months after he came to live with me. This photo was taken in April of 2012. It was his first time to wear his harness & my first time to even try to put it on him (oh how I miss that baby bird who allowed me to do anything with him, no questions asked!) He allowed me to put it on him one more time about a month after and nary a one time since!

I love this photo for the serene peacefulness it exudes. The oneness it implies. ~~~One with your feathered friend~~Melding together as one sole, one heart, one existence~~~ That is what this photo says to me when I look upon it. :th_heart: I was in awe when I saw it. One of the best photos my hubby has taken in years! :th_hug8:

spiritbird
10-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Really enjoyable, positive thread. I really have nothing to add.

Pinkbirdy
10-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Nice stories, Mare and De'Andrea [I think there's more of you out there :) )

Turquoise
10-22-2013, 12:38 AM
Really enjoyable, positive thread. I really have nothing to add.

Dianne, now I know for a fact you have lots of great photos of butterflies, flowers and your feathered fabies. You cannot make me believe you do not have a favorite photo or two that touches your heart and sole in some way to share with your flock here.:th_biggrin:

We are all family and we would love to share in your heartfelt photos. :th_biggrin:

Minamommy
11-21-2013, 08:40 AM
I am so very moved by these stores. My first Rottweiler Shadjar I always said to him if he was a man I would marry him. When I miscarried my baby he laid in bed with me for 18 hours no asking anything no potty break or anything just let me cry into is warm furry coat. Mina has only done that once I just don't have a picture of it. I was upset of a friends death was crying and she came over nestled into me looked into my face like what's wrong mommy then started licking my tears. Then she just crawled beside be and we just laid there. Well it's never happened again so she had to feel my sadness.