PDA

View Full Version : Twenty years ago, today...

Mare
10-18-2013, 04:24 AM
Can you remember what was going on in your life, twenty years ago, today? I can't precisely recall today but I know that I was 4months pregnant and wondering why I was still having kids at 37 years old! He was the best thing that ever happened to me! I can't truly say that, I love all my kids equally but I do remember twenty years ago being pregged with this particular one! What were you, that are old enough to remember, doing around this time twenty years ago?

Turquoise
10-18-2013, 05:59 AM
Well, I certainly wasn't pregnant! :th_LOL: I got that out of the way only 1 time way back in 1978! And actually in 4 days from now it will be 35 years since I got the preggers thing out of the way. :th_faint:

Hmmm, that means I'm 1 year older than you.:th_biggrin: Well, I did have a few of my first parrots back then and I was very new to keeping them. Read all I could, but didn't have internet to interact with more knowledgeable parronts and get my questions answered. I just muddled through it the best I could on my own. My parrots did ok and we all lived over my ignorance at the time.

I was the mother of an almost 15 yr old, but Jory was a good kid. Never gave me any grief of getting into trouble. But then, we did live 10 mile out of town in the country. :th_hehe: My life was kind of boring otherwise. Just did the same things day in & out. Hubby (the same one I still have) went to work each early morning & came home every night. I didn't work, so I did the menial household chores I still hate doing to this day!! :housewife-smiley-em

Spent time with my Mom everyday. She lived on the same 2 acres in her own house & expected me to be there for lunch. Nothing interesting was going on in my life back then, so that is about all I can think of. I kinda' made it a whole year of twenty years ago since I can't remember what I was doing on this exact date. I do suffer from CRS quite often!!!:th_imok:

Honesty
10-18-2013, 07:16 AM
:th_hmmm:I am going to have to think about this one :)

coltfire
10-18-2013, 08:48 AM
getting devoiced

kendrafitz
10-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Just turned 21 and having a blast!

spiritbird
10-18-2013, 05:11 PM
I was living in the north woods is Wisconsin in a log home on 50 acres and working in the hospice unit. Ended up to be only 2 years as my spouse and I divorced . I then came home at the insistence of family. It was such a rough time.

Blancaej
10-19-2013, 04:31 PM
I had just moved from San Francisco to Virginia that year. My mom was raised in Virginia. Unfortunately, it was the worst 2 years of my life. In 1995, I moved to Vermont and now here I am! Happy as a lark! LOL!

Debra
10-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Twenty years ago? Wow. I was a newly divorced mom of a three year old. I was very unhappy at that time. Two years later I met my current husband and married him six months later.

tonkatiel
10-20-2013, 01:04 PM
20 years ago I was 3 and a half lol... Needless to say I have no idea what I was doing ;)

Mare
11-07-2013, 08:23 PM
A lot sure can happen in twenty years! Sounds like most of us are in a better place, today :). My pregnancy, at that time, ended up with a son getting ready to enter med-school. My daughter, who was diagnosed with breast cancer at 26yrs. of age, is now, five years strong, thank you universe! I feel blessed with my life and family..and birds, of course!

JudiNH
11-08-2013, 11:43 AM
I was planning my wedding, to my amazing husband Bob. Little did I know what a fantastic and exciting and wonderful journey life with him would be! :) We are still going strong, and the best of friends, even more than I ever thought possible.

Pinkbirdy
11-12-2013, 12:24 AM
Well I was 23 and marrying this idiot [whose good and gone !} If Id only went the bird route then :)