PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys wear a bird shirt?

Pinkbirdy
10-18-2013, 12:40 AM
When I get home ,I head straight to get on my black long sleeve shirt. Its not that the birds poop on me [well ok maybe Disco and Jackson :th_biggrin:]. As they age ,they seem to be able to hold it . I wear the shirt more for big birds perching on my arms. You guys do something too right?

Turquoise
10-18-2013, 02:12 AM
In summer I just grin & bear the sharp claws~ (Summers in Texas are just too hot even in an air conditioned house for long sleeves). Sometimes they do dig in when they hang backwards & seem to have a devilish gleam in their eyes over the cringe on my face. LOL

In cooler to cold weather I wear a certain black jacket that has a plastic zipper that is already broken, so it doesn't matter to me when they grab it & throw chunks of it to the floor.:th_biggrin:

Mare
10-18-2013, 04:41 AM
Yep! Bird shirts are the uniform around here! Sassy's nails are sharp and when they touch the right spot, blood will be drawn! I try and keep Amigo's feet solely on my hands and I have many scabs to prove it :)

coltfire
10-18-2013, 08:43 AM
no bird shirt, i grin and bear it, my arm's and shoulder and neck are covered in scratches daily, when they dig to deep i just drop the arm and make them get off.

spiritbird
10-18-2013, 01:20 PM
That would be a wonderful crafty thing to have a personal birdie shirt made with a photo you your birds. One needs a printer for that.

kendrafitz
10-18-2013, 01:38 PM
I wear bird shirts but for a different reason. Rosie's nails are blunt/smooth from her sand perch. But she ruins everything I wear with beak holes. I thought it was just my shirts, but I put on a pair of sweats to walk yesterday and noticed there were holes from her in them. Unfortunately, I didn't notice until I got home. ;)

Turquoise
10-19-2013, 03:14 AM
I have thought about taking one old shirt and tying various play things such as large beads & little chewable stuff (bird-safe of course) all over it. That way when your fabie is looking for something to do while hanging out with you he/she can 'preen' your (pokey toy type pin feathers). :th_biggrin:

Never have stopped long enough to get one made, but sounds like they would love it. And, 'Hey' could be a neat idea for a bird toy/clothing business to make for sale. :th_dancing:

Blancaej
10-19-2013, 03:11 PM
What a great idea Terri! My arms have scratches all over them from Savannah's claws! I had a coat on the other day and she got out fine. Which was great news, because she is not normally used to me having anything on my arms. I will have to think about having a long sleeve shirt for when I get home! Thanks for the idea!