PDA

View Full Version : A Birds Life!!

Honesty
10-17-2013, 09:38 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Turquoise
10-18-2013, 01:02 AM
This is beautiful in a way & sad in another. Very touching as read from the bird. :th_hug8:

Mare
10-18-2013, 02:19 AM
I just read this today on FB and it breaks my heart to know that so many birds have this reality in their future. The fact that there are folks like us to help, where we can, is a plus but still, why breed? I know that some on here are breeders and I suppose you do it for income but do you ever think about the outcome of these birds?

tonkatiel
10-18-2013, 02:39 AM
Just read this on FB :(

Mare - it is the only thing that stops me from breeding... I'm a member of so many bird groups on facebook and it horrifies me the way some people treat there birds, mostly without knowing any better - but they just don't listen when people try to give them advice :(

I am still tempted to breed, mainly because I think it's something that I'd love and enjoy doing, but if I sold my babies it would only be to people I knew and trusted 100% - unfortunately most breeders don't care who they sell to though...

Mare
10-18-2013, 02:58 AM
I too, tonkatiel, think I would love to see eggs hatch and parent birds doing what they were born to do. I've done this with litters of cats, dogs and horses. I don't know..raising batches of any type of critter just to sell, rubs me wrong :(. Birds are so extraordinary and most folks don't realize this, they buy them and then the bird suffers.

coltfire
10-18-2013, 08:36 AM
As to why i have so many birds, very few get sold. and if i dont get maxx back these last 3 eggs lexx is sitting on will not be sold

kendrafitz
10-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Made me tear up.

Blancaej
10-19-2013, 03:04 PM
That just brought tears to my eyes. I went through the whole getting married and having kids thing. Yes, Quincy went through some neglect when I had babies, but he always had food, water and a clean cage. I wasn't about to give him up. If you have a child and you get busy, would you give them up for adoption. NO, you do the best you can and make it work. I do understand that there are some circumstances where it is a must to rehome a bird. But people really need to give it there all before doing so and if they must, at least make sure it goes to a good forever home!