PDA

View Full Version : 10 Weeks until Christmas!

Honesty
10-17-2013, 09:25 PM
Can you believe this? Hasn't this year gone so quickly?

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Pinkbirdy
10-18-2013, 12:19 AM
Wendy are you out of your mind :) LOL

Blancaej
10-18-2013, 12:23 AM
LOL! I don't want to think about yet, but in retail, I gotta start!

Pinkbirdy
10-18-2013, 12:32 AM
Blanca ,Is this your busy time [holidays]. Did you do a lot of weddings this fall ? This is the first time Im hearing down here candy tables at weddings .

Honesty
10-18-2013, 07:18 AM
Wendy are you out of your mind :) LOL:th_hehe: I thought this would cheer you all up!

coltfire
10-18-2013, 08:50 AM
time to be like a bear and hibernate

spiritbird
10-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Since the Christmas decorations went up in the garden centers I guess we have to deal with that. I am a huge proponent of making your own gifts for loved ones. This year I had calendars make from my photos.

Turquoise
10-19-2013, 04:36 AM
It does seem like the year has flown by Wendy. Hope this next year does the same so it won't take too long for my kid & his wife to come down.:th_biggrin: I do love the Christmas season when I finally decide to acknowledge it is coming whether I want it to or not. :th_LOL:

I too love to make my gifts, but I'm sure my recipients would rather I buy them something just once when they open the box & say, "Egads, not another turtle thingy wrap around/under the woo woos over the ding a ling knitted something or other again!!" "Who can we pawn this one off to that hasn't already been blessed with one of our recycled gifts from her!" LOL

That is a very nice idea for gifts you have with a calendar of your photos Dianne. I bet your family loves getting such beautiful pictures to look at all year round. I will be trying my hand at making my own Christmas Cards this year with my flock on them. Last year my friend Mar in Buffalo made the template for mine & this year I have one more bird to add, plus I want to change the background. :th_dancing:

Mare
10-19-2013, 05:09 AM
Oh, crap! Really? Already?! I'm not quite prepared for Halloween!!

Blancaej
10-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Blanca ,Is this your busy time [holidays]. Did you do a lot of weddings this fall ? This is the first time Im hearing down here candy tables at weddings .

It is one of my busiest times of year outside of summer. I sell a lot of candy for candy buffets. I used to set them up and everything, but I don't encourage this as much anymore because I don't have the time. Most people buy their own glassware and are prepared to set it up themselves. So I provide the bulk candy at a quantity discount. Works better for me! :)