PDA

View Full Version : Me and Jackson

Pinkbirdy
10-16-2013, 11:59 PM
Here he is !! {sweet guy] .Hes a Nanday conure ,small for his species. supposed to be a bigger conure . My Sun and him a similar size . Not sure his age [hope the vet can read his band when we go.[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Pinkbirdy
10-17-2013, 12:01 AM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

ShellyBorg
10-17-2013, 12:55 AM
He is small. Hope the vet finds all is well.

spiritbird
10-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Healthy looking bird for sure.

Debra
10-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Oh, he's so cute! I see Rocky doing a photo bomb in the first picture. So funny!

Honesty
10-17-2013, 07:46 PM
He is adorable Terri:) Nandays are my favourite conures.

Pinkbirdy
10-18-2013, 01:11 AM
Oh, he's so cute! I see Rocky doing a photo bomb in the first picture. So funny! HA ,I see Rocky too :) Hate to say you might see a lot of that at my house :th_biggrin: Im excited think I might of found a more knowledgeable vet . We will see next week.

Turquoise
10-18-2013, 03:14 AM
Jackson is adorable! I just love the colors on the Nandays! :th_hug8: Hope he is in good health and can forget his past in time.:th_biggrin:

I had a Nanday Conure way back in the early '90s when I first moved up from the budgies & Cockatiels. Chuckles was a very sweet little guy. I loved how he looked a lot like a macaw. I wanted a macaw so very bad back then, but did not have the funds for one let alone an enclosure. My son Jory taught Chuckles to play hide & seek by training him to run under a towel when he would say, "Hide, hide Chuckles." "It's after you!" He also could flip him on his back and play with him. These were things Chuckles did not do for me, just Jory.

coltfire
10-18-2013, 08:38 AM
he is so cute.

Pinkbirdy
10-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Jackson is adorable! I just love the colors on the Nandays! :th_hug8: Hope he is in good health and can forget his past in time.:th_biggrin:

I had a Nanday Conure way back in the early '90s when I first moved up from the budgies & Cockatiels. Chuckles was a very sweet little guy. I loved how he looked a lot like a macaw. I wanted a macaw so very bad back then, but did not have the funds for one let alone an enclosure. My son Jory taught Chuckles to play hide & seek by training him to run under a towel when he would say, "Hide, hide Chuckles." "It's after you!" He also could flip him on his back and play with him. These were things Chuckles did not do for me, just Jory. He is a sweet guy [nice to hear about yours ) I had heard their very loud and moody [hes not] .Their I go believing what I read on that dang internet again!! De'Andrea I love the name Jory :)

Turquoise
10-19-2013, 03:43 AM
Chuckles could be very loud much like macaws & for a little bird it was amazing. he was not noisy constantly, just normal noise like most parrots. He was a hand fed baby & was very sociable, never moody. They are very nice birds to own in my opinion.

Thanks Terri on Jory's name. His Dad is named Jerry so I wanted Jory's to be close, but not a junior since they have the same middle name. When we were picking out names Jerry told me if it was a boy I got to pick his first name & he would pick his middle name. A girl & he would pick the first name & I the middle. Was I glad he was a boy! LOL The name Jory actually came from two sources. The first being the old actor of many early westerns and other types, 'Victor Jory' and then back in the 1970s there was a movie that came out with 'Jory' as it's title about a young gunfighter in the Old West. They made 1 or 2 sequels where he was a sheriff in one.

I like unusual unique names when I can think of them. In my small hometown where we all 3 graduated from the same high school there was a friend who had a daughter a few years older than my Jory whose name was Jori. I always thought that was a cute spelling for a girl.:th_biggrin:

Blancaej
10-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Terri - He is adorable! Great pic to add to your siggy! :D