PDA

View Full Version : What are your birds favourite toys?

Honesty
10-15-2013, 01:13 PM
What are your birds favourite toys?

Codie's favourites are his bell and sneaker foot toys. One of these sneakers will keep him amused for hours. He also loves forreging toys, but only if they are easily accessible. He will give up trying if they are too hard to get too lol

Debra
10-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Frankie's is his bell. Little Amber's is molted feathers. Lucy's is the baseboard behind the laundry baskets. :th_loltears:

Honesty
10-15-2013, 05:06 PM
Haha, they all seem to like bells:)

ShellyBorg
10-15-2013, 05:35 PM
For Paris its all about soft blankets! I have been hanging a square of polar fleece in her cage and she loves to rub her face on it and wrestle with it. Spirit and Demon, its all about the cardboard box and how fast they can "recycle" it! Danny still really does not play ...:(

Mare
10-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Sassy thinks everything, in her cage and out, is HER toy and she's not good about sharing. She's such a busy little thing that she makes full use of everything in her cage, from twirl toys to egg cartons. I've not tried anything with a bell, yet, I'm almost afraid of the non-stop ringing we might hear :). Amigo's never been much for toys, accept to instantly rip them apart. My husband cuts up pieces of 2x4's for him and I'll make hanging and attached chew toys for him to work on while in his cage. I've never seen little Chip play with anything but he sure has fun singing!

spiritbird
10-15-2013, 10:10 PM
I wish Gypsy liked blankets or towels because he is carrot face today. I made a chop with grated carrots and his feathers around the beak are orange.

Pinkbirdy
10-16-2013, 12:48 AM
Lately ,the Toos are happy shredding balled up newspaper and cardboard.Harlow loves this hard plastic cone and her bell.The lorry and the caiques like their swings and boings.The conures love toys made with colored popcicle sticks.They all like different sized wyffle balls pinecones rolled with treats on them.

Honesty
10-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Another of Codie's favourites are yoghurt pots. He pulls these apart in seconds!

Blancaej
10-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Quincy loves shoes, cardboard and bells!

Savannah loves wood discs that we out for her with the bark still on. She loves peeling park off of tree branches!

Debra
10-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Oh I forgot Lucy! On the rare occasion that she will play with a toy it has to have a big bell on the bottom that she can put her beak into and ring it. She makes the cutest noises doing that too.

Turquoise
10-20-2013, 07:46 AM
Both my macaw boys love wood to rip & tear up along with cardboard such as paper towel & toilet tissue rolls. They also like wicker things & anything that is easily ripped apart. I cut 2X4 blocks & string them with beads & cardboard & anything else I can think of or find that they will love. Roscoe also loves to hang upside down on his ropes & chains. He adores plastic of any kind and especially plastic chains.

Ruby Jewel does not play with toys at all as yet. On her play perch she will use a thin rope piece on one toy to scratch the back of her head, but never chews on any of them. In her cage she prefers to roam about her floor tearing up her newspaper, but never chews on any toys even if I add cardboard. She was used to playing on the floor a lot in her breeder's home, so she is my only floor bird. She will spend part of the day climbing all over her ceiling wire in her enclosure just hanging out like a monkey. She doesn't care for ropes like Roscoe does.

Leyla Belle does not play with her toys much inside of her cage. Occasionally she will climb up & down her toys hanging on them. Outside on her play perch she loves her swinging wire plant basket and she loves it when I weave wicker strips through it. She will rip that up in a day! She also likes to ring the bell toy I have hanging in the center above her basket. The basket is her most prized possession!! LOL

"Lucy's is the baseboard behind the laundry baskets"~~This is the funniest thing I think I've read in a long time Debra!! I can just see Lucy destroying those baseboards.:th_LOL:

Peta doesn't play with anything either & I have several things hanging in her cage. She will chew on the wood bottom of her playgrounds I have on the top of her cage, but put soft wood in the cage for her & she ignores it. The budgies love any kind of soft wood like Popsicle sticks and small beads. And wicker balls. :th_biggrin:

tonkatiel
10-21-2013, 12:29 AM
Punky doesn't 'play' with toys, she demolishes them lol, so pretty much anything destroyable is her favorite ;) we've been giving her a lot of branches with the leaves and everything still on lately and she LOVES that!

Skittles isn't too interested in toys, he'll have a nibble on everything but otherwise he seems to prefer to just jump around :/

The lovebirds love rope toys, things with knots they can untie...

The budgie loves bells and things to hang from and play acrobatics with lol...

And the tiels still seem to think the toys are going to kill them :/