PDA

View Full Version : Presenting Piper

Shade
04-18-2013, 12:28 AM
Piper is a 8 year old Peachface Lovebird I've had since he was only a few months old.
Oddly enough, although I did get him from the breeder, I wasn't his first owner. Since he has a splayed leg, the breeder was giving him away and another family had him first. They "lost" him in the house (so they said) and found him when he was very weak. They brought him back to the breeder's and she thought she would lose him.

But, on that day, Piper showed how much spirit he has and pulled through.

My mom was friends with the breeder and when she went to visit one day I tagged along knowing she had baby lovebirds and I wanted to see them. The moment Piper saw me, he flew to my shoulder, cuddled as closely as he could to me, standing under my hair behind my ear and was making cute little noises - it's fair to say he picked me (while his sibling didn't want to come close at all).

He came home on that day.

He is the most confident bird I've ever met - NOTHING phases him, in true Lovebird fashion. He might be the smallest member of my flock, but I'm sure he sees himself as the biggest - he certainly has that much personality!

After being referred to as "she" for years, I eventually decided to have him DNA'd and he turned out to be a boy..which I guess isn't surprising when I read the horror stories of territorial/aggressive hens and easy going males - he's most definitively always been like the latter!

And although he has a splayed leg, that hasn't stopped him from doing anything - I've actually never seen a lovebird run as fast as he can ;)

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Antoinette
04-18-2013, 07:17 AM
:th_Budgie: OMG Piper is too beautiful
Thanks for sharing

roxynoodle
04-18-2013, 12:10 PM
I enjoyed Piper's story, thanks for sharing.

LoveMyParrots
04-18-2013, 12:35 PM
OMG! Piper is just too adorable!!! Look at that face!!! :th_heart:

aliray
04-18-2013, 12:42 PM
What a really sweet story and Piper is beautiful. Thanks for sharing his story

Honesty
04-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Piper is adorable and what a lovely story:)

Peeker
04-18-2013, 03:56 PM
He really is a little trooper! Very pretty for a boy. :smile-new:

Wendy K.
04-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Piper TRULY picked you really quick and in a hurry, didn't he? That is an amazing, heart-warming story, and I'm so happy you shared it. Piper is quite the stunner, too. BEAUTIFUL boy, and I dare not call him "little", as he's proven THAT one wrong. ;)

keepsmiling
04-18-2013, 11:20 PM
Aww..Piper is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing his story.Love the awesome pics.:love_heart:

mistywaterwoman
04-20-2013, 02:48 AM
Aw, he is such a cutie!!! I love his coloring. My Peri is similar but not as bright yet, as he is still in the midst of his first molt.

What a joy and a blessing to have been chosen by that handsome fellow!! :joyous:

Shade
04-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks everyone! :)