PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

Pinkbirdy
10-14-2013, 01:34 AM
MY story - Over the summer when it was really [hot here in Newyork] . Dave stopped at a guys house . Who lived in a garage [half garage half living quarters] . Dave noticed he had a parrot [but with no food]. When the guy went somewhere Dave snuck him some food . He said he was really friendly.Dave came home and was upset at this . He was sure the garage fumes would get this guy and he was not being fed. The guy was going away for vacation. It was upsetting for us to think he most likely didn't make arrangements.We tried to get ahold of him before he left to offer to take care of him [but he had left]. As we drove by his place the rest of the summer [we were upset to think about it]. But we cant go save the world so we tried to put it out of our minds. A couple weeks ago this guy posted on Daves facebook how he wanted to get rid of the bird [we were surprised he was still alive]. Dave really wanted to do this . So He didn't have to twist my arm [Im the crazy one]. The guy thought he had an Amazon . But one look at him and he was a Nanday conure . So Jackson is home with us . He was scared at first . but now that its been a couple of weeks.Hes a real sweetheart.Wants to cuddle under my chin, is very gentle .Hes not abother at all. Its hard when their easy that's why I have so many. Dave and I agreed that we cant be some sort of rescue . I will stay off craigslist . But down the road we may move .To more in the country. I don't see us turning away situations like this.I think he fed poor Jackson crackers. Its been amazing watching the Macaws and him bond to me . Its been easy .I put know pressure on them [I have plenty of birds to cuddle.]Then they just want to be apart of you like the rest.

Mare
10-14-2013, 02:06 AM
You and Dave have HUGE caring hearts, this world needs more people like you, thank you :th_heart:

Debra
10-14-2013, 04:39 PM
So where are the pics of Jackson to go with this post? I see an update to your siggy is in order.

Seriously, good for you two for rescuing this little one.

ShellyBorg
10-14-2013, 04:47 PM
So glad the little one is now in a better place! Thank you.

Blancaej
10-14-2013, 10:57 PM
I think that is wonderful you took him in. You both are great! :D

Lets see a pic so I can add him to your siggy!
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Turquoise
10-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Oh My, soon we will be calling you & Dave ~~The Bird Duggars~~:th_LOL:

It is so sweet that you have infiltrated Dave's mind to now adding to your flock. :th_biggrin: It is always so nice when the partners love then just as much as you do & don't give you a hassle about, "Oh No, not another dirty stinking bird!!"

One day I would love to see a group photo as best you could get with all your flock arranged about on their cages or play perches. That would be a winner in any photo competition in my books!:th_hug8:

Pinkbirdy
10-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Woo!!! De 'Andrea my place is crazy .Like a bird pet store . Only bird lovers would find beauty in it . What are "Bird Duggers "?

spiritbird
10-15-2013, 01:05 PM
How wonderful you and husband to give this bird a loving home. Gold stars for you both :star:

Honesty
10-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Good for you Terri! Are you going to show us some pics?

Turquoise
10-16-2013, 03:38 AM
Terri, I probably misspelled their last name. I was referring to the couple 'The Duggars' who have 20 something children or somewhere close to that number. I was trying to make a funny about you & Dave will soon become known as the bird version of the Duggars.

I have failed once again in trying to get my weird sense of humor no one understands across the pages of this forum.:th_LOL: I personally do not watch their show on t.v. It doesn't come on my plain digital antennae hookup. I wouldn't watch them even if I did have cable or satellite, not my kind of show.

I do apologize to you Terri if you thought I was being insulting in any way. I did not mean anything of the sorts. I should not have tried humor in a thread that is a serious and rewarding gesture of love from you & Dave toward any birds who need folks like you. I will refrain from humor in the future on this forum. It is not received very well and I should not be commenting in that manner.

You are truly a gem in the parrot world with your open heart & home to birds in need. That is much more than I have ever done for any bird. I know your birds are well taken care of & loved with all your heart.

Blancaej
10-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Terri, I probably misspelled their last name. I was referring to the couple 'The Duggars' who have 20 something children or somewhere close to that number. I was trying to make a funny about you & Dave will soon become known as the bird version of the Duggars.

I have failed once again in trying to get my weird sense of humor no one understands across the pages of this forum.:th_LOL: I personally do not watch their show on t.v. It doesn't come on my plain digital antennae hookup. I wouldn't watch them even if I did have cable or satellite, not my kind of show.

I do apologize to you Terri if you thought I was being insulting in any way. I did not mean anything of the sorts. I should not have tried humor in a thread that is a serious and rewarding gesture of love from you & Dave toward any birds who need folks like you. I will refrain from humor in the future on this forum. It is not received very well and I should not be commenting in that manner.

You are truly a gem in the parrot world with your open heart & home to birds in need. That is much more than I have ever done for any bird. I know your birds are well taken care of & loved with all your heart.

I got the joke De'! :th_biggrin: I've watchted the show a little so I knew exactly what you were talking about. LOL!