PDA

View Full Version : I have no words..

Mare
10-13-2013, 12:40 AM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

spiritbird
10-13-2013, 01:36 PM
I have seen this before and it just leaves you with such a sick feeling. We have a large dumpster here and I often see wildlife in the garbage eating. Sometimes it is birds too. There is no cover for this dumpster so I just scare them away as often as I can, especially after seeing this film clip. Thanks for the reminder.

Mare
10-13-2013, 02:43 PM
I remember watching a program showing this miles wide spot in the ocean that, for some reason, ocean currents I think, all this plastic trash gathered. It literally looked like a huge dump. Our ocean creatures and birds sift through this, eat it and die from it. After watching that program I became very aware of how my family and I deal with our garbage, we recycle and compost and carry bags for our groceries, in the car, so's not to have to use plastic. Truly tragic what we do to our planet :(

spiritbird
10-13-2013, 09:13 PM
I no longer purchase anything in plastic, especially bottled water. I see people buying large purchases of bottled water. All they are buying is convenience. Believe it or not it is a business that has reached over $40 million per year.

Turquoise
10-15-2013, 05:44 AM
That is very sad indeed. And the fact that these birds are so very far from civilization tells me that it is going to be very hard to correct this tragedy. It's a big problem anyplace human's trash is available to the animal world, but when it comes to them like this, the problem has gotten totally out of hand. :mad:

Honesty
10-15-2013, 01:28 PM
I am not quite sure how they are going to correct this tragedy! Something needs to be done though!

Rescued
10-15-2013, 01:57 PM
It is a problem that all of our fellow creature have to deal with. I have started to see the emergence of plastic like decomposable utensils and plates, I too use reusable bags, reuse feed bags as trash bags and try to limit waste. It is something that has to be a global effort. We are so destructive to our planet. :-(

Blancaej
10-19-2013, 04:20 PM
I too have seen this video before. Very sad, more people need to see this and be more aware of where their trash is going.