PDA

View Full Version : Nice surprise at work today

Debra
10-09-2013, 12:16 AM
I get to work and my boss says "Ms. Hurst I need to talk with you". I said "what did I do now?". She then said "your bus is here". I new immediately that she meant my new refurbished bus with air conditioning! She then went on to tell me that it has not one, not two, but three a/c units in it! Let's just say once the excitement from the kids passed, it was a very nice ride. I still had to turn my fan on as the front unit blows above my head and the air doesn't make it down to me. The fan circulates the cold air making a comfy driver. I thought I was going to be getting a loaner bus as I had been driving a new bus, but it looks like I get to keep this bus and once the air conditioning is installed in the other bus, another driver will get that bus. That's fine with me. That other bus had too many things wrong with it. So far, this one is perfect. I think I'm going to love work this year. Well, except for Thursdays and Fridays when the football players, drill team, cheer leaders, and band get the air conditioned busses for their out of town games. Oh, well. We never do very good so we won't be going into any post season playoffs. Just about 2 months of it. We can deal with that. Especially since it's getting cooler.

Can ya tell I'm excited?

Blancaej
10-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Congrats on the new bus! Yay! Must be so nice to have the a/c, especially in Texas!!

coltfire
10-09-2013, 06:47 AM
congrates on the new bus and a/c now u can sit back and relax, lol

Honesty
10-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Congrats Deb:)

spiritbird
10-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Now you can relax and be cool while driving.

Debra
10-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Ha! We all loved it although my kids started begging me to let them bring blankets on the bus now. lol. I told them that if I found a blanket or jacket and it was left on the bus for 2 days it would be donated to someone who needed the warmth. They agreed. They love it! I'm just hoping that the excitement will die down soon as they were so loud and over-excited yesterday. It was hard to hear after they got off the bus. lol. Kids!!

Turquoise
10-15-2013, 05:31 AM
I'm a bit late on this, been busy the last few days. Hey, a big congrats on getting the best bus & air conditioning all wrapped up in one! :th_biggrin:

Yep, air conditioned vehicles in Texas are worth more than gold. And we use the "H" out of it for long after the rest of the country is wrapped up in those blankets & coats Debra's kids wanted to bring on board.:th_LOL:

Kinda' like here in my house right now. It may well be snowing in other parts of the country and down in the 30s & 40s at night and even in the day. But here I am still using my air conditioning even when it is in the 70s & 80s, cause it is just too stuffy without it. :th_hehe:

Katheewoor
11-18-2013, 09:00 AM
Nice to hear that :) Congratulation , I think you had few more month with new bus

Debra
11-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Yeah, it's November and I still run it on occasion. lol