PDA

View Full Version : Linnie Land! MY DIY Playgym For Small Birds

Blancaej
10-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Here is the playgym I built the Linnies today! I think it came out great! By time they tried it, it was 7:30pm, so I think they were sleepy. Hopefully they will be all over it tomorrow!

Front
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Back

Linnies On Their New Playgym

I realized after I took pics and had them on the playgym, I forgot the climbing rope. It is added in this picture.

Pinkbirdy
10-07-2013, 01:32 AM
First they are so cute !!! I love them. You can tell your such a creative person . With your playstand ideas . All this creativeness stem from chocolate making :)

Blancaej
10-07-2013, 01:59 AM
I never thought of it that way! ;)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mare
10-07-2013, 03:03 AM
Awesome, Blanca! I agree with Terri, you are very creative! The Linnie's are going to love it!

ShellyBorg
10-07-2013, 03:37 AM
Looks great!

Honesty
10-07-2013, 07:35 AM
You have done a fantastic job Blanca. I think they are going to love it:)

Turquoise
10-07-2013, 10:11 AM
That is a super looking play area for your fabies! I love the concept a lot. Lots of great places for them to enjoy. :th_biggrin:

Those two little Linnies are gorgeous. Love their colors. They look like such sweet little ones.:th_hug8:

Blancaej
10-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Thanks Ladies! I love doing stuff like this. So it's just as much fun for me to put it together as it is for them to play on it.

De'Andrea - They are sweet little birds. The kids are really enjoying them. :th_biggrin: How are things on your end? All done with your physical testing? (sorry forgot what it was called)

JudiNH
10-07-2013, 12:52 PM
That looks fun! And, your linnies are adorable. :)

Blancaej
10-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Thank you Judi!

spiritbird
10-07-2013, 01:31 PM
If I were a bird I would surly want to live in your bird room. I love the wood perches you made o the stand. What kind of wood did you use? They may never want to go back in the cage!

Blancaej
10-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Thanks Dianne! It is a manzanita perch I bought for Quincy a long time ago, but lost the screw bolt for it. So I thought it would make good use on the Linnie play gym. :)

Debra
10-07-2013, 02:11 PM
That is just so cool! I'm sure they will be all over it soon, making good use of all the perches on it. I wish I had just a quarter of your imagination/talent. Unfortunately, I have none. I have to have instructions in order to make something. lol

Blancaej
10-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Thanks Debra! I really enjoy creating things. We all have our special talents and being creative is apparently one of mine. I can be somewhat obsessive though! LOL! But that is what gives me the drive to get things done! ;)

spiritbird
10-07-2013, 05:07 PM
I have noticed artist in general (like you) seem to be good with anything that involves creativity. My niece is a potter and can paint, make jewelry and decorate like a pro.

Blancaej
10-07-2013, 05:37 PM
I've never considered myself an artist. Thanks for the compliment! :th_wink: I just do what I love! :th_biggrin:

Sounds like your niece is quite talented! :)

coltfire
10-07-2013, 05:39 PM
what a great looking play stand you built, i think im going to need something like that for all my budgies as they are no longer in an aviary and get to fly around the house now .its fun letting 20 budgies out at once

Blancaej
10-07-2013, 05:46 PM
I can only imagine Steve! That's a lot of budgies flying around! LOL! They are fairly easy to make and you can make a floor perch that stands on it's own. You can be as creative as you want. It's like tinker toys for adults! LOL!

Blancaej
10-08-2013, 12:51 AM
The Linnies love it! They hung out on it most of the early evening tonight and seemed to love it. Blueberry, our shy one, finally joined his sister after an hour. They were climbing all over it. It was really nice to see them enjoying it so much! Yay! It was nice to see their reaction to it fully awake. LOL!

Pinkbirdy
10-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Blanca ,theirs a bird fair I go to . That are always looking for vendors . I think your stands are great !!! You should look into doing that in your area [I bet you would do well ;)] Neat way to be even more in the bird community . Or heck have a website !! :)

Blancaej
10-08-2013, 01:00 AM
That might not be such a bad idea. I may just consider it! ;)

No bird fairs around here though, but a website would be possible. I can make them as they are ordered. Hmmmm....maybe when Marcus starts kindergarten in a couple of years! :th_biggrin: