PDA

View Full Version : Of all days to wear pajamas in public

Debra
10-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Every Sunday morning we head to the local Sonic to get a large drink. This Sonic is located inside a convenience store so it has a counter instead of those drive up stalls. Well, for some strange reason (supposedly because it was cold) my hubby wore his pajama pants and a t-shirt. We usually take Lucy with us for her weekly trip in the car (ok, so we usually go a few times -- we're addicted to their Diet Dr. Pepper with vanilla) so this morning wasn't any different. We walk up to the counter and the employees all said "Hi Lucy!!". The people in front of us were so excited to see a big red bird in the store that they asked if they could take a picture of Jerry holding Lucy while standing beside their daughter. Of course Jerry said yes. Why couldn't he have at least worn jeans??? Now some stranger has a picture of him dressed for bed holding Lucy. :th_loltears:

kendrafitz
10-06-2013, 03:52 PM
How funny is that???

P.S. I am with you about Diet Dr. Pepper. But I have never tried it with vanilla. I will have to see if I can find that, I usually go for cherry.

JudiNH
10-06-2013, 04:46 PM
LOL.....ooops! Poor Jerry. :D

Blancaej
10-06-2013, 05:41 PM
LOL! What a great photo op! :th_wink::th_LOL:

spiritbird
10-06-2013, 07:32 PM
PJ's look much like regular pants, that is in come cases. Do you have a photo for us too?

Debra
10-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Haha, no photo here. But you couldn't miss that he was in his pj's. The pants are blue and white checkered pattern and he's wearing a bright yellow t-shirt. He doesn't even match! lol

Blancaej
10-06-2013, 08:42 PM
You must have been so proud! I can see you now, shaking your head and thinking.. I don't know this dude! LOL! :th_shakehead:

Debra
10-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Oh, I was so standing away from him! Unfortunately, we're at Sonic so much that they come out of the kitchen to visit with us if they aren't busy so I couldn't quite pull off the "I don't know that fool" thing. lol

Pinkbirdy
10-07-2013, 01:23 AM
HE He :) Thanks for the smirk on my face [It probably didn't bother him a bit].

Turquoise
10-07-2013, 02:39 AM
You should have insisted on getting a photo. You could always use it as 'blackmail' a little farther down the road.:th_LOL: Besides, we wanted to see it too. :th_biggrin:

I am amazed that the stores allow you to bring Lucy inside the store. I thought birds were in the same category as bringing dogs in stores with food or as some signs posted say, "Pets are not allowed"? I'm not complaining like I would not eat there or turn you in. I am wondering as I would love to take my birds to stores, but I figured the PetsMart would be the only place they were welcome. Even our private owned pet shop won't allow birds inside due to the chance of transferring disease to the birds they sell.

Maddy
10-07-2013, 03:53 AM
:th_LOL:

Debra
10-07-2013, 02:28 PM
De'Andrea -- we just walk in with her. We're never in there for very long and no one has ever said anything to us, but if they would we certainly wouldn't take her in. Usually, one of us sits in the car with her while the other goes in and purchases whatever it is we went there for. Plus she's never far away from my hubby's chest. He hugs her to him so she doesn't get startled and attempt to fly off. There are no signs about bringing a pet inside the store either which is surprising since they do serve food.

Rescued
10-07-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm sure that if you looked there would be a sign, but hey, unless someone says something I would just pretend it is no big deal. We used to have people bring in their dogs to CVS when I worked there, it was against policy, but depending on who was there we usually all were happy to see them. We also got a lot of them through the drive through.

Minamommy
11-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Debra I'd say Jerry's pretty hip after all I see all the teenagers doing it so it has to be "the" thing to do. I put my foot down when mine tried to where them to school! Very jealous you have Sonic 😩. I LOVE that you take your Lucy there and everyone knows her. My hubby and I took Mina to Starbucks ( she had one of those backpack carriers ) and we ordered with her in there then went outside since it was 75 deg and sunny. Good thing too because the poop had seeped out of the carrier onto my back e[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] We do not use that anymore.