PDA

View Full Version : Watson blew his coat!

Mare
10-05-2013, 05:31 PM
I didn't know rabbits shed so heavily, did you? Watson is in the process of "blowing his coat", (in the words of my son), and WOW, hair is everywhere! His new hair is beautiful, soft and shiny! It's easy to vacume up, thankfully :). It's not a sticky hair like cats have. I would love to have a pillow, stuffed with rabbit hair!

Blancaej
10-05-2013, 05:33 PM
I didn't know that either. Very interesting! Does he look almost bald when he does this. LOL!

Mare
10-05-2013, 05:36 PM
No, Blanca! Not at all! His new hair is already in, it didn't miss a beat! My photobucket is seized up at the moment, when it decides to relax I'll post a photo :)

Honesty
10-05-2013, 05:45 PM
No, Blanca! Not at all! His new hair is already in, it didn't miss a beat! My photobucket is seized up at the moment, when it decides to relax I'll post a photo :)Look forward to seeing a pic of Watson:) My photobucket is playing up too! I thought it was my computer, but it looks like everyone is having problems with it at the moment:(

Mare
10-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Mine did this once before, Wendy. I was ready to take it in to be fixed and it came back, all on it's own. It was out for around four days. I hope yours settles down soon! :)

Blancaej
10-05-2013, 06:47 PM
No, Blanca! Not at all! His new hair is already in, it didn't miss a beat! My photobucket is seized up at the moment, when it decides to relax I'll post a photo :)

I was just invisioning the hair falling in one big clump when you said "Blew his coat"! LOL! That would have been a site to see! But kidding aside, I figured it must come in pretty fast to lose it so fast!

kendrafitz
10-05-2013, 07:28 PM
I didn't realize that either. Can't wait to see the pics of his new coat!

Mare
10-10-2013, 04:06 AM
Ok, this is his new coat but can't hardly present it's self in real life! This is one big bunny! When I can get him in someone's arms you will see his real size, he's pretty darn big and pretty darn beautiful!
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Debra
10-10-2013, 02:15 PM
Oh, he's just too cute! One of my students asked me if I've ever had rabbit dumplings. I told him I couldn't eat anything so cute! Just look at that little face and those huge ears!

BTW -- judging from the toe of the shoe in the picture I'd guess he's bigger than my cats!

coltfire
10-11-2013, 02:28 PM
He is looking good Mare how much longer is he with you ?

Mare
10-11-2013, 06:58 PM
He's bigger than our cats, Debra, and heavier! Steve, Watson will be with us through New Years. My son will be home from his trip in December then back to Davis in January. He's a very BOLD rabbit! He's so cute in the mornings when we get up and have to walk through his room to get upstairs. He comes charging, bucking and spinning so happy to see someone alive and ready to feed him :th_biggrin: My husband has discovered that Watson will do ANYTHING for some trail mix! When he told our son about this, he was told not to give him nuts but the dried fruits were ok in small amounts.

One day before my son left on this trip, we were driving somewhere and I was curious around how much does it cost to feed this beast, per week. After some calculating, he says a little over $20 a week! My daughter was with us and she says, wow! That's more than it costs to feed her horse! Every morning and evening he gets a heaping plate full of dark green lettuce, cilantro, parsley, broccoli, carrots and a small piece of fruit like banana. He always has a bowl of his pellets available and I'm gonna say he eats at least 2cups worth of those a day. Then you add the wood pellet litter cost and I'm going to have to agree with my daughter, this guy eats (and poos) like a horse!

Turquoise
10-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Watson is a cutie! I did know rabbits as well as several dog breeds 'blow' their coats. I had a long haired Mini Lop rabbit years ago & he would blow his coat. Tufts of fur would float all over if it got away from you. Long haired rabbits are super soft. Years before the Mini Lop I had an angora that breeders selling them for pets call a Jersey Woolie. It was all white & had very thick hair.

Blancaej
10-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Ok, this is his new coat but can't hardly present it's self in real life! This is one big bunny! When I can get him in someone's arms you will see his real size, he's pretty darn big and pretty darn beautiful!
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Wow! Watson is a gorgeous bunny! Thanks for the pic! :)

Mare
10-13-2013, 12:29 AM
I've never been around many rabbits, De'. Sounds like you had some beautiful ones! When Watson "blew" his coat, it was over within a week and a half, done. He's a great pet if anyone is thinking about one, like anyone needs another one, LOL!