PDA

View Full Version : list of avian vets/emergency vets

jules
10-04-2013, 10:47 PM
following on from honestys thread of 'does your bird have an vet?' could we create a list of avian vets, with details, phone numbers etc.?

we'd need two of course or more? one for the uk. and one for america and possibly other countries. what do you think folks? :)

plax
10-05-2013, 04:29 AM
Hey Julie... we do have a thread like that. Here's the link: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

However, there's probably a better way to organize things so all of the vet contact info can be found in one post. The way things stand, it might be kind of inconvenient to search through the entire thread in order to learn whether it contains info on a nearby vet. Maybe we can break it into two sticky threads: an open reporting thread and a closed vet list thread.

Blancaej
10-05-2013, 01:25 PM
I can certainly try to work on getting that organized at some point. I can make 2 sticky threads based on the ones people post the info in. That way the info is all in one post. I will see what I can do in the next week or two.

plax
10-05-2013, 01:59 PM
I can certainly try to work on getting that organized at some point. I can make 2 sticky threads based on the ones people post the info in. That way the info is all in one post. I will see what I can do in the next week or two.Thank you Blanca :)

Blancaej
10-05-2013, 02:37 PM
You're Welcome!

Honesty
10-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Thank you Blanca. Its much appreciated :)

jules
10-07-2013, 10:38 PM
ok just looked at it thankyou. a sticky would be good but leave it open so it can be added to? :)

Blancaej
10-07-2013, 10:45 PM
I will do a sticky and have a link to the thread to add to it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

plax
10-07-2013, 10:51 PM
ok just looked at it thankyou. a sticky would be good but leave it open so it can be added to? :)Well, I think there should be two stickys. One to add new listings and another where all of the added listings can be placed within a single post. We'll try to get this done sometime soon. If someone has a better idea on how to maintain a vet listing accumulation and place each of the listings together as one continuous list, we'd be happy to hear your suggestions. The only other way to achieve this that I can think of is to post an announcement for members to PM an appointed staff member who can then add each listing to a closed sticky.