PDA

View Full Version : Life with Owen

Pinkbirdy
10-02-2013, 01:37 AM
Owens ,my baby Rb2 that I got in June . Hes my 2nd Rb2 [My first Jennifer passed away].There was such a whole in my flock. I knew I needed to have another one in my life. Some of my birds can fly. But Owen is the first bird ive ever had that is almost flight trained. He is such a Doll !!! He loves my whole family. He comes and finds you while he puffs up his pinkcheeks to be loved [he also purrs when hes happy]. Owen is out first and flys to the kitchen to sample breakfast and throw bowls on the floor.:th_biggrin:Then flys to the living room to chew buttons off the remote ,play with my daughters phone,chew on headphones.Even popped a key off my daughters laptop[and was running down the back of the couch with it. As my daughters crying "I take such good care of my stuff",she yells at Owen ,he says "Hi Owen " while bobbing his head.:th_hehe: His neighbor is Charlotte my Hawkhead.They get along hes really brought her out of her shell.He seems to have a thing for Harlow my macaw [bird crushes Im not used to this :)]. Its neat watching him fly to visit birds he likes . He carefully stands on a toy . So theirs not toe biting. He loves to be a part of everything .Even homework ,my kids yell Mom "this isn't funny " as Im looking for the camera.I love my pinkbirdy with his sing songy little voice .[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

ShellyBorg
10-02-2013, 01:51 AM
Out of all the too's this is the only one I have ever wanted! He sounds like a blast.

Pinkbirdy
10-02-2013, 02:04 AM
They are really different than the other Toos [also they're quiet ,like they say] I can see the potential of my smaller white ones really being able to act like a big Too!! I always think of these guys when you read about someone ready for a bigger bird . But of course ,they say there's no way I could have a Too :(

plax
10-02-2013, 04:21 AM
Owen's personality sounds adorable :D

Blancaej
10-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Owen sounds like he is the life of the party! :D He defiantly likes to make sure you know he is around. Lol! He sounds like so much fun!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mare
10-02-2013, 07:28 PM
He's precious, Terri! Have you noticed a difference between male and female RB's, or is he still too young to compare? He looks to be the size of a Goffin's, yes?

Honesty
10-02-2013, 07:44 PM
That is a beautiful pic Terri:) I absolutely love Galah's and I would recommend them to anyone who were thinking about adding one to their family.

Pinkbirdy
10-03-2013, 12:21 AM
He's precious, Terri! Have you noticed a difference between male and female RB's, or is he still too young to compare? He looks to be the size of a Goffin's, yes? Yes he is about the size of a Goffin [just different shape]. Longer tail, slimmer neck. He talks way more than Jennifer did. I think they were a lot alike .Jennifer was such an easy bird to have . Owens just [a little devil cause hes young ]. You cant even be upset when he gets into something . He says "Hi Owen ,Owens a good boy or whats your name , in a sweet voice.They big difference I see, is how much their socialized when their young makes a big difference.Owens breeder had visitors 3 times a week [including kids]. Jennifer was poked at through a cage for a year because she was pink and too expensive to buy. You don't see them in shelters much.

plax
10-03-2013, 01:07 AM
You cant even be upset when he gets into something . He says "Hi Owen ,Owens a good boy or whats your name , in a sweet voice.That's sure super cute! I love it!! How could anyone be mad at him while he's saying those cute things? It would instantly remove the wind from someone's anger sail, I'm sure :)

Turquoise
10-16-2013, 04:53 AM
RB2s are so pretty along with the great personality. I have always read pleasing things about them.

Awesome photo, love the interacting your daughter & Owen are engaging in.:th_biggrin: