PDA

View Full Version : No more rats :D

tonkatiel
09-30-2013, 11:55 PM
So we've moved :) no more rats! And only 5 minutes to the beach ;) Skittles has fully recovered and is now flying perfectly again :D
LOTS of wild galahs and corellas, and a few rosellas and lorikeets... My fids are in HEAVEN - my ears, not so much lol...
House is smaller than the last place (which is probably a good thing since it means no space for more birds lol), so Punky and Skittles are in the loungeroom, but the 'tiels, lovies and budgie have had to move into the 'sunroom', which I felt very guilty for at first but have now solved that by putting my computer and everything in there as well so they'll still get plenty of human interaction :) had considered getting some outdoor aviaries for the smaller birds since they aren't tame and I think they would love to be outside, but we've had some HORRIBLE windy weather lately (140km/h last night!) and I've heard a few horror stories about aviaries collapsing because of it and birds escaping (or worse), so I don't feel that it would be a good idea :/

Now just to finish unpacking so I can sit back and enjoy the birds screaming lol...

Pinkbirdy
10-01-2013, 01:03 AM
Im so glad your lorys ok ! I was wondering about him. Whats your lorry eating ? I would so love to live were you do .Parrots are not the most common thing around here.

tonkatiel
10-01-2013, 02:55 AM
At the old place we got the occasional galah but it was mainly just crows and magpies, so this makes a nice change :)
He gets dry lori mix (wasn't interested in the wet mix), chop mix which he picks at but isn't too interested in, and one of those metal skewer kebab things with apple, pear and grapes... I've been meaning to try out some different fruits but have been preoccupied with first the rat thing and then moving... As soon as everything calms down though I'll be going to a green grocer and getting a nice selection of fruits for him to try :) I've heard they love berries, but his poop is gross enough at the moment without turning it funny colours lol...

Blancaej
10-03-2013, 01:13 AM
So glad that your lorry is doing better and you've moved to a better location. Sounds wonderful!