PDA

View Full Version : Rocky and Ruby

Pinkbirdy
09-29-2013, 01:50 AM
How interesting these 2 weeks have been. Im not used to 2 birds in a cage or the differences between the Macaw species [Its wonderful]. I realize Harlow [My catalina] . Looks and must be more like a Scarlet than a Blue and Gold. The macaws were scared at first . They carefully share one bowl to eat [now they eat out of their own] .I found out they were both underweight.The Bl and gold was worse . He has a old wing injury [he has partial use of his wing ].He also used to be a severe to skin plucker under his wing. But has seemed to have stopped. I cant help but think he was doing that when he had his poor injured wing.They love are attention .You can see the visual difference.In their feathers and droppings from the food. Funny Birds ,You should hear them talk!! I think their the best of my bunch.They talk in phrases. I think birds really talk when they want your attention.I can imagine them in the basement trying to get the owners attention. As im bonding with them [they are starting to fight ] not good!. They try to get each other out of they way. Ruby the Gw was very anxious. Now that they are on and know the schedule . Shes much more relaxed. I think their happier . Their good birds. I love now that ive done this with birds . To slowly build the bond its wonderful.The other night Rocky yells "Brian go take a shower'. Dave and I laugh [cause no one name Brian lives here]:th_biggrin:

ShellyBorg
09-29-2013, 02:38 AM
Sounds like they are doing great!

kendrafitz
09-29-2013, 02:45 AM
That is just awesome! You have really done a wonderful thing.

I love the "take a shower Brian!" :)

Mare
09-29-2013, 05:01 AM
Awesome! I'm so happy for you that they are doing well :)

Honesty
09-29-2013, 08:49 AM
This is great news Terri. :D

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

spiritbird
09-29-2013, 02:11 PM
It sounds like you are making such good progress and that you really understands the needs of Macaws. Good job! :th_cheer:

Blancaej
09-29-2013, 03:38 PM
They are 2 lucky birds and I think they know it! They are finally getting there needs met and then some! I know you are going to love them for a lifetime. Are you going to get separate cages for them soon?

Pinkbirdy
09-30-2013, 12:48 AM
I am looking into new cages. Im worried about splitting them up [and upsetting Rocky and him start plucking again] Its a big deal hes stopped.Blanca its going to be so cool when you get your Blue and Gold. Theirs such a neat difference between the species. But The female Gw does remind me of Harlow a little bit. Plax ,if your reading this maybe you can describe your guys . Before I got Harlow I had a deposit on a Military .But Harlow made sure we saw her and won us over :)

Blancaej
09-30-2013, 12:46 PM
I can understand not wanting to split them up. Maybe a bigger cage for them both? I know you will figure out what is best. You are such a great parront! :th_biggrin:

I know that Coqui will add some flavor to our flock. She is a mischievious little girl! LOL! But I know we will love every minute of it! Just from my visit I can tell that Coqui has a more goofy personality. That is what always has drawn me to B&G. I love goofy! :th_biggrin: