PDA

View Full Version : Lucy has me concerned

Debra
09-29-2013, 01:29 AM
We went out this morning so we put Lucy back in her cage. 3 hours later, we came home and noticed as we were opening her cage that she was on her sleep perch. 3 hours later we realized she was still on her sleep perch. About an hour and a half later she had come down to the perch near her food and water. I watched her at that point and she looked a little bit puffed up, but not much. Jerry put his hand in for her to step up and she slowly put one foot on his hand then stood there a bit before stepping up with the other foot. Once out, we noticed she wasn't as fluffy. After a bit, we left the house again after putting her back up in her cage. Once we got home again, I fixed supper and as it was ready, Jerry handed out nutriberries. Lucy actually ate hers -- the only food we can tell she's eaten all day. She just didn't seem herself all day. Now that she's covered, I've heard her cooing to herself.

We have a front coming through today/tonight so it's been overcast/rainy all day. I'm hoping that is all that is wrong with my gorgeous red head. You know I'll be watching her closely all weekend. I'm hoping she'll be acting fine tomorrow. She sounds more active right now (she's covered) than she has all day. I'm praying it was just one of those "I feel off" kind of days for her.

Pinkbirdy
09-29-2013, 01:52 AM
I hope shes ok .[scary Ive been there]

Blancaej
09-29-2013, 02:06 AM
I hope she is ok. Keep us posted.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ShellyBorg
09-29-2013, 02:35 AM
Keep a eye on her but I have noticed my guys get quiet before a big weather change.

Turquoise
09-29-2013, 02:54 AM
Hope all is well with Lucy. it does sound like she was not feeling herself with your description. It is always so scary when they all of a sudden change their routine or personality for no outward apparent reason.

The rain came early this morning for us as well & quit raining around noon. It made my flock especially noisy, more so than usual. They were bouncing around & screaming most of the morning on their play perches & in their cages as if to say, "Come on everyone, we gotta' go find a warmer place to hang out." "This forest is going to freeze us!" It wasn't that cold, but they were overly excited & I think it was the weather change.

spiritbird
09-29-2013, 02:13 PM
Hope she perks up with the sunshine.

plax
09-29-2013, 02:55 PM
I hope Lucy is well and back to her normal self today.

Blancaej
09-29-2013, 03:36 PM
How is Lucy doing?

Debra
09-29-2013, 04:12 PM
She's not fluffed up this morning but did growl at me when I uncovered her and again when I fed her. She also moved from her sleep perch. I'm not home so I don't know what she's done in the past two hours.

Blancaej
09-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the update, I am sure you will be anxious to hear how she did while you were gone today. Maybe she's just cranky due to the weather.

Debra
09-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Well, we got home about an hour ago. She shared some of my hubby's lunch so she's eating better today. Her eyes look brighter today so it must have been the weather. Thanks for your concern and for letting me vent my worry.

Honesty
09-29-2013, 06:25 PM
I am glad Lucy is ok Deb. She must have been having an off day :D

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

Mare
09-29-2013, 06:40 PM
I hope Lucy continues to feel better. I imagine that pressure changes in the atmosphere affect them, to some extent.

Blancaej
09-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Glad to hear she is doing better! :)

spiritbird
09-29-2013, 07:36 PM
Shows you how sensitive our birds can be from changes in their routines.

Debra
09-29-2013, 09:03 PM
I'd say she's feeling better now. We took her to Sonic with us and now my hubby is on the sofa watching football and she's dancing on his chest trying to get his attention. She really had me worried yesterday though!

Oh, and while we were in line at Sonic, she growled at me and tried to bite my hubby's fingers trying to get at me! That's never happened before. I suppose I was standing too close to him for her comfort. lol

Blancaej
09-30-2013, 12:41 PM
Birds can sometimes be tempermental! LOL! Sounds like she has been a bit grumpy, maybe it's the change of seasons. I know you are in TX, but you must see a change in the fall. Anyway, glad she is doing better for the most part.