PDA

View Full Version : Bronze Winged Pionus

Honesty
09-26-2013, 07:42 PM
This is the bronzed winged pionus. Isn't it adorable?

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Blancaej
09-26-2013, 08:12 PM
wow, beautiful!

jacksmom
09-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Ah, my heart! I LOVE this species...I had a friend once that was a bronze wing pionus...not a common species, but I would love to have one. Though I normally never let birds near my face, I allowed this guy to stand on my shoulder and whisper in my ear.

He belonged to the manager of a pet store I worked at, and was for sale "kinda". She didn't have time for him, it was why he was there. Anyway, the first week of me cleaning cages, I had not touched any birds yet...it is a habit of mine, you never know when someone is a biter. I let them tell me.

This little guy sure did, he surprised the heck outta me! He grabbed the leg of my jeans when I wasn't looking and cleaning the cage next to him...and climbed up FAST to my shoulder! I let him, thinking he surely would have bit me by now if that's what he wanted...but a little apprehensive anyway. He murmured something in my ear I couldn't understand once he got up to my shoulder - I never could understand much of what he said all the time I worked there, but I was never alarmed by him again.

Seriously, seriously cool bird. I was more scared of him at first than I ever am of even big birds...my god, look at the HOOK on that beak - but he was my little buddy! Freaked out some of the customers, though, to see him riding my shoulder like that! ;) Too bad I wasn't in a position to care for him when I left there!