PDA

View Full Version : Baby kitten found

Mare
09-26-2013, 02:49 AM
My daughter found this poor little creature under her boyfriends wood pile, along with it's dead sibling. The mother is a wild cat that keeps having litters, making more wild cats, etc., etc. it makes me so mad that he hasn't taken care of this problem by catching these cats and having them fixed! The humane society here will do it for free so you can set them free again without multiplying. Anyways, end of rant. My daughter is feeding this one and will probably keep it. Not sure what sex it is, I'm guessing it to be not more than a week old. She named it Monkey, it's sweet little face DOES look like a monkey's!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
09-26-2013, 07:39 AM
Aww, that so sad Mare. He is so cute. I am glad your Daughter found it!

Turquoise
09-26-2013, 09:04 AM
That is so sweet that it was found in time & your daughter is feeding the baby. It is a little cutie & I can see the resemblance to a monkey face.:th_LOL:

spiritbird
09-26-2013, 01:10 PM
I hope Monkey does well in the care of your daughter. All that needs to be done is get a trap from the Humanes Society and they should work.

Mayden
09-26-2013, 04:38 PM
What a lucky kitty. Hope she makes it without a hitch!

spiritbird
09-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Any updates on Monkey?

Mare
09-27-2013, 01:44 AM
My daughter is here right now. We baby sat little Monkey last night and throughout the day. I'm going to call her a girl but not positive. We have to take moist cotton balls and stimulate her (area) to get her to pee but not having much luck with the poos. She has gone for my daughter but not in about a day and a half. She mostly sleeps and we have kitten milk replacer and a little bottle to feed her. After she eats it looks like she swallowed a golf ball! I hope she makes it, her lungs sound a little congested :(. My daughter has her in a plastic box with a bundled up towel and a heating pad underneath. She's going to help her boyfriend look into borrowing some traps from the animal control to get these cats caught up. We have one they can borrow, also.

Turquoise
09-28-2013, 06:22 AM
Hope little Monkey is still doing good. I have raised kittens & poodle puppies in years past. Not as time consuming as I would imagine raising baby parrots, but it is a challenge sometimes. The poodle was my Mom's when I was still living at home many many years ago & the mother dog refused to feed the pups. The kittens were orphaned and had to be hand raised.

Mare
09-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Little Monkey is doing well. My daughter is doing a great job with her :)

Yeah, I'm with you on that one De', I think bringing up a baby parrot would be "special"!

aliray
10-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Cute baby, congrats grandma.

Blancaej
10-13-2013, 08:09 PM
How is little Monkey these days?

Mare
10-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Heehee! Thanks Alison, It's looking like I may be waiting forever for the real thing! Little Monkey is doing amazingly well, thanks for asking, Blanca :). My daughter gave her a little litter box yesterday and she's like a proud mama with a kid that uses their potty chair for the first time! She's been to the vet for a goopy eye and had an upper respiratory infection so she is on antibiotics for that and it's really cleared her up. I'll get a new pic up soon :)

Mare
10-14-2013, 03:51 AM
The baby Monkey, she really is precious! I think her name needs to be changed to Precious!

aliray
10-14-2013, 02:09 PM
she has beautiful markings. And congrats on the litter box. cats are so easy compared to potty training a dog.

Debra
10-14-2013, 04:36 PM
How is this possible? She was totally adorable when she was first found, but somehow she's managed to become even more adorable!

Mare
11-28-2013, 05:03 AM
Here is little Monkey, today! This is, I think "him" now, dozing on a chair!

Mayden
11-28-2013, 12:39 PM
Looks very content! ;)