PDA

View Full Version : Success!!!!!!!

mrgoogls
09-24-2013, 10:35 PM
today i got cooper to wear his harness without chewing it the entire time!!!!! i was able to walk him down the street and back. he chewed a bit but not much, maybe 10 - 30 sec throughout the whole walk. i cant explain how excited i am!!!! ill post the whole story with more details later or tomorrow when i can get on my computer instead of my phone.( yeah posting from my phone so sorry for a lot of typos!!!)

ShellyBorg
09-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Thats Great! You guys will have a ball!

Turquoise
09-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Awesome Kenny!!! Cooper will be loving his walks in no time at all & will literally jump into his harness!! :th_biggrin:

Roscoe never tried to chew on his harness while outside. He was too mesmerized by all the new things to see. He was a bear to get it past his busy beak while putting it on tho. I need to start back trying to get him to wear it.

Blancaej
09-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Kenny - That is awesome news! Keep up that training and make sure to harness him regularly to keep him used to it. :D

mrgoogls
09-25-2013, 06:44 PM
okay. im acually on my computer now. so here is the story

i was just relaxing in my room with cooper on his atom. and right next to the atom is the shefl where i keep a lot of his treats and stuff. and the harness was there too. so he managed to climb over onto the shelf and when i noticed, he was standing right next to the harness without even noticing. so then i though, oh my god, lets try it on. and thats all. we got it on (with a bit of a struggle and a few bites, only one bad one) and took him for a walk!

i took him again just a few minutes ago and he was great! he seems less nervous about being outside than yesterday. hopefully he keeps improving!

Mare
09-25-2013, 09:21 PM
This is wonderful news! Was he easier the second time?

mrgoogls
09-26-2013, 06:26 PM
he was a bit easier the second time, but not much, and same with the third, today he was a bit easier, but not much. im just happy, 1, he is wearing it at least, and 2, i have only gotten one bite than actually was bleeding. what would you guys recommend for his chewing? just ignoring it? or correcting/stopping him when he tries to chew.