PDA

View Full Version : Blue Skies are Back

spiritbird
09-24-2013, 08:54 PM
My daughter lives very near Aspen Colorado and was so delighted to see blue skies back again she took a lovely photo from her patio. Wouldn't you love a view such as this one? Snow is already beginning with a light dusting.1294

Honesty
09-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Wow, what a stunning view!

ShellyBorg
09-24-2013, 10:30 PM
WOW! I hike for miles to see stuff like that.

Wulfgeist
09-25-2013, 12:22 AM
After Wisconsin I was lead to believe these were mountains here around me in Northern VA. I think I was lied to..:th_hmmm:

Great view!

spiritbird
09-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Every time I pay her a visit the altitude sickness sets in. They say if you move to the Rocky Mt. areas it takes quite a while to get used to the change.

Blancaej
09-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Wow, simply gorgeous!

Turquoise
09-28-2013, 05:48 AM
Very beautiful view indeed! :th_biggrin:

I have been through the area & seen many a mountain views such as that in my travels on my hubby's 18-wheeler when he drove over the road. My most favorite place on earth is anywhere I can be in or around the Great Rocky Mountains!!:th_heart::th_hug8:

I never had any trouble with the altitude while spending time in The Rockies. I guess I loved it so much that I could easily live there the rest of my life. In fact it is where I want to live. The air is so clean & smells awesome!! I absolutely loved being up on the divide on IH-70 in Colorado at over 11,000 ft spending the night in the rest area. The year Denver got all that snow in 2003 or maybe 2004 we came into Wheatland, a suburb of Denver to the TA truck stop to fuel up for a trip back down to New Mexico. We were stuck in the fuel isle for 2 days. They had closed all roads in & out of Denver and the truck stop was full up with stranded trucks & cars!

My favorite trees are the evergreens & conifers which don't grow very well in my part of Texas.

spiritbird
09-28-2013, 01:42 PM
It is such a wonderful, healing place to live. Too cold for me though. I am hoping the floods have not changed the look of the land too much. They have lots if buried gemstones in those mountains too.