PDA

View Full Version : Crowley update

Wulfgeist
09-24-2013, 12:31 AM
Much has happened since my last post. Last week around Thursday when I weighed him he was down to 5.5 pounds and still barely nibbling at food unless I hand fed him. I started syringing him some water to make sure he wasn't getting dehydrated and I picked up some pate and baby food, mixing them thin enough to syringe feed him. This went on for a couple of days. I still wasn't able to get much in him but one day after a few mouthfuls he fought me..he decided nope this wasn't going to happen. The fact that he had the strength to try to fight me was encouraging, the cat literally is on the brink of having his organs shutting down I think, he is terrible thin. Not long after that he started nibbling more..and eating half a can of fancy feast..and then three quarters..I picked up some FF appetizers and he decides he loves those. I haven't been able to get to somewhere to get his blue buffalo and he didn't care for the A/D. His appetite seems to have come back and I might dare weighing him tomorrow. It's still probably too soon but I think he might have made it out of this storm. Had he still been at the shelter I am pretty sure he would have been put down as a hopeless cause.

Charlie has decided he's not so bad and even gave his head a short bathing the other night. Oliver..well he hates him and I doubt will ever warm up to him. I think he knows what role he played in Jasper's disappearance.

spiritbird
09-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Good to read your updates. Sounds like Crowley understands what is going on. The feline leukemia can sometimes go in remission. How are you coping now?

Wulfgeist
09-25-2013, 12:18 AM
Good to read your updates. Sounds like Crowley understands what is going on. The feline leukemia can sometimes go in remission. How are you coping now?

He actually has FIV, not FiLV which is good, from what I understand the FiLV is way more contagious. The risk is still there to spread to my others but minimal unless they are doing some serious fighting. We will have to rework with that once his strength is back up I have a feeling.

As for me..well..back to work and have a pile of unopened dr bills I'm afraid to look at. There's not a day that goes by when something reminds me of Jasper. Just like today at the store I picked up some apples and caramel dip, bananas..the fruit Jasper would have loved and then I see a rack of all different kinds of dried fruit and there was a big mixed bag..yeah I probably would have gotten that. I have that bag of food in the freezer I need to be sending to Gretchen. No one telling me on Tuesday "It's Friday woowoo no work tomorrow", no demanding veggies..I miss him so much. =(

Blancaej
09-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the update! Sounds like things are starting to go in a positive directions! Keep us posted on both you and him!

Turquoise
09-28-2013, 06:12 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] so glad to hear Crowley has started getting his strength back. He sounds like a fighter for sure which is good!!

I can understand how you feel about seeing things Jasper would love & then missing him all over again. It takes time to heal, the memories will always be there and sometimes it will still bring tears to your eyes. The love we share for & with our animals~~feathered, furried or not is what makes us strong and gentle all in one wrapping. They are part of us & we are part of them. :th_hug8: