PDA

View Full Version : It's that time again

Debra
09-21-2013, 12:32 AM
I went into the bird room tonight to feed/water the birds. My tiels and two of my budgies are cage free in this room. I did a quick head count and came up one tiel short. Sydney. I go searching for her. I look where she usually lays eggs under a table and she wasn't there. Now that's really the only place to hide so I really started panicking. I call the hubby and we both look (and the room is only big enough that you could only put a twin size bed and dresser in it). I finally lifted up the table cloth covering the table and start moving things around. I finally saw movement to my left near the wall (not under the table but behind the trash can). I look and there is a BIG tiel doing the rocking back and forth movement protecting her egg. I hope I can get by with just four fake eggs this time as they've lost two and I'm down to four. I suppose I should invest in more. Anyway, it's time for the evil hen and evil cock to come out. Syd and Bloke become possessed when they are on eggs (which are on the floor and not in a nest). :th_faint:

plax
09-21-2013, 12:50 AM
That doesn't sound like much fun, Debra. But I'm glad all of your birds are present, accounted for, and okay!

ShellyBorg
09-21-2013, 02:14 AM
Got to love breeding season!

Debra
09-21-2013, 11:48 AM
That doesn't sound like much fun, Debra. But I'm glad all of your birds are present, accounted for, and okay!

Luckily it's all a bluff. They will go all demon on me, hissing and stuff, but I can still get my hand under them and they will step up all fluffed up. They've had enough babies to know I'm not actually going to hurt any. They are really a great pair.

spiritbird
09-21-2013, 12:38 PM
:th_hug8:

Blancaej
09-23-2013, 01:31 AM
That has got to be hard to deal with. Hopefully all is going well with the fake eggs.

Debra
09-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Actually, it's not hard to deal with at all. We've gotten used to it. She usually lays two clutches each Spring and two clutches each Fall. This is just round one. The hardest part is getting on the floor to change out the eggs. lol. This old body doesn't bend like it used to.