PDA

View Full Version : What Does Your Bird Say

spiritbird
09-19-2013, 09:29 PM
I know this has been done before but here goes. Most of us love to read what our birds have learned to say. Some is cute, some is funny and some is .......... Chipper is the amazing talking English Budge who has several basic words he puts together in sentences or short phrases: Such as (in order of learning) Pretty Bird, Chipper Chipper Chipper, Kitty Kitty Kitty, Ech Choo, Your a good boy Gypsy, Chipper is a boy girl, Happy bird, Wanna Shower, Tickle Tickle, Chipper are you OK, Chipper your a pretty baby bird (or Gypsy), I luf you, Give me a kiss with smack smack, Hello honey, whatcha doin honey, I luf you Chipper, Gypsys a pretty baby girl, Bee Bop Baby, Hello Chipper (Gypsy) So what is your bird or birds talking about? Oh by the way Gypsy is even saying a few words now such as kiss.

ShellyBorg
09-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Danny: Hello Baby!, Waffles? , NONONONONONO, Please don't lock me out... And a strange yodeling dieing hippo type of singing.

Spirit: Can do the whole barnyard and has people popping up to check the microwave all the time. Lots of mimic noise! He has a huge vocabulary but only uses it once in a great while to get something important across.

Demon: Does not talk and makes vary little noise!

Paris: What ya doing girl? , Ouch! , Love you! , Kiss, kiss, Good night , Wast up! , Good morning , Mama! , KYLE! MIA!! (my kids names!) Bad Bird, Pretty pretty Bird, Good bird, Bad bird , MINE! , Oh and Why?. She has more but I can not make them out. The more I talk to her the more she mumbles and pops up with new words.

OK have to tell you what happened yesterday, I go to pull the scale out from under her cage where I store it.
Paris: What ya doing?
Me: "I am going to weight me self"
Paris: "Why"
I step on scale and she is leaning to see what is going on. The number comes up and she looks at me and says " Ouch!" I just walked away....

spiritbird
09-19-2013, 10:19 PM
:th_omg:Shelly that is quite a funny lot of bird talk, especially the scale. You just gotta love our birdies.

Honesty
09-20-2013, 07:13 AM
Codie says.... Hello...Hiya... Good Girl, Good Boy, lol.. Codie coming out... Good Night... Whats wrong Codie... He laughs alot... shut up.... Good Morning.... Kiss... Wendy... Those are his favourite things to say :)

Turquoise
09-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Well, my flock can definitely talk!! They will talk when they want to with no particular reason.

Roscoe says: Hello, Raw-Row (his way of saying his name), I love you, Up (his way of telling the dogs or one of the other birds to shut up. He won't say the 'shut' part.) Mmmmm, Angel (his brother's name), he laughs in a cynical way, whatever, well what?, whaaaat, aaant-aaant-aaant (what I tell him when he tries to pinch my arm), and more but I can't think of them til I hear him.

Angel says: Hello, I love you, Angel, Roscoe, up, step up Angel (even tho he cannot step up), whatever, what, laughs, aaant-aant-aaant, everything Roscoe can say Angel does too.

Ruby Jewel says: Hello, Ruby Jewel, I love you & then most of the rest is not understandable. She is not as fast at picking up on talk as the boys have been.

Leyla Belle is my talker. She says: I love you Leyla Belle, I love you baby girl, Well Howdy there Mawleen (I taught her to say this so when my friend Marleen comes down from NY to visit. I am working on getting her to add "Welcome to Texas". She is trying, but hasn't mastered it yet), Well bless your heart (this is a phrase I am working on with her that is quite long. She hasn't gotten it all down yet), Mmmm this is good, then she will laugh like a hyena sounds (I have no idea where that came from. It does not sound like any of my dogs or any other animal I have.) There are more, but I can't remember all of them right now.

Peta does not say anything but a chirpy sounding Peta-Peta. She doesn't really try to talk and I am just fine with it. The big kids make up for it plenty!! And my budgies don't talk since there are 9 of them together. Spirit, my first one in this group did learn to say I love you, gimme kiss, your a stinker when I first got him. Once I added Shadow the next one, Spirit quit talking.

jacksmom
09-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Lol, Shelly, that is too funny!!!! :D

Jack says "Hi!", "Hello", "Wassup", and "Step up". He used to bark like the tiny dog from the people who had him before me, but thank goodness he stopped that! ;)

Blancaej
09-23-2013, 01:23 AM
It's great reading what others birds say!

Savannah - Hello, Hi, How are you?, What, Barks like a dog, laughs & cracker. She says a few other things we can't make out yet.

Quincy - The funniest thing he used to say more then he does now is "Do you have to go to the bathroom?" He learned that during potty training. He talks a ton. Clucks like a chicken, meows, barks, burps and says excuse me, watcha doin, hello, hi, be a good boy, lots of silly mouth noises, several wild bird calls, lots of electronic beeps, the fire alarm. I have a list I've been making. I will have to use that and post some more later!

kendrafitz
09-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Rosie laughs, says Hello, Wanna cuddle, mmmhmmmm, a-Boo & apple.

She says the following in garbled baby talk: I love you, water, is that good? (Referring to whatever someone is eating), hungry?, pencil, good girl & cashew nut. I have to really figure out what she is saying by the context, like I did when my kids were babies. Her eyes will pin and she keeps repeating it until I get it correctly. I do a lot of mmmhmmmm and change the subject just as I did with my kids. Otherwise, she gets frustrated if I don't get it quickly. ;)

She has also been making a variety of animal sounds: monkey, elephant and rooster. I am guessing my mom or mother in law put on a nature show for her when they were bird sitting. ;)

Mare
09-23-2013, 05:04 AM
Amigo's only "words" are 'Hi There!". Sassy has much more vocab than Amigo. Some of which is, Hi Bird, night-night Sassy (in a whisper), pretty bird, WHAAAT? There are more but my most favorite is her laugh. She does this incredible, cackle, witch sounding laugh that can make you pee your pants! My nieces were at my house today, getting there hair worked on, when Sassy started doing her laugh. It was so hilarious! They couldn't believe it, it got all of us laughing so hard that SHE kept laughing!

spiritbird
09-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Blanca Have you put any videos of Quincy on the forum?

Debra
09-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Frankie is my main talker. He meows like a cat, sneezes (then says bless you), coughs, good morning, Frankie (when he wants to be uncovered), good night Frankie (when he wants to be covered for the night), what, Amber, here Ronnie, Pookie (?? no idea where that one came from), pretty bird, com'ere, peek-a-boo, what-you-doin', stretch the big boy, pretty boy, and his favorite gimme a kiss (usually whenever he wants food and that is usually when we are either eating or I'm preparing food), he blows kisses (saying gimme a kiss), he sings "Frankie Doodle went to town, riding on Ronnie" (to the tune of Yankee Doodle). I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of for now. Ronnie is my daughter's cat so that's who he's talking about when he says Ronnie.

Little Amber says Amber and good girl and will blow kisses.

Very rarely (and only when my hubby is rubbing her neck) Lucy will say "Oh, Pretty Girl".

tonkatiel
10-01-2013, 12:09 AM
My fids aren't big talkers but we're getting there :)

Punky says hello, whatcha doin, and morning! Trying to teach her goodnight at the moment...

Skittles says what we *think* is 'up' - he says it every time I say step up, but its not overly clear yet...

Tonks can wolf whistle but other than that the smaller fids make there usual sounds only :)

Lady
10-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Well the words I hear from Lady most frequently are, what cha doin'?, open up, come 'ere, do you hear me? and what. I like it when my husband and I are having a conversation and she says things loud enough for us to hear, but not make out exactly because she says them so quickly as well :D.

spiritbird
10-19-2014, 03:34 AM
Every time I put Chipper in his cage I say there ya go. Now he says it to me.

froggij
10-20-2014, 04:11 AM
All of my birds say "night-night" in their own language. Orsino mumbles, Dori chirps it in a way that resembles the actual pattern of the phrase but the words aren't there, and Rosie just outright says it. Since day one, Orsino has always shouted "MOM!" at me. Rosie will actually have full conversations with us on some of her particularly lucid days. She likes to talk on the "phone" - "Hello? Hello? Okay... uh-huh...uh-huh *garble* bye-bye! Okay, g'bye. Okay, bye. Bye-bye. Hello?" Once while mom was cleaning her cage, she looked over her shoulder and said "excellent!" Dori got into Rosie's cage once and we said "uh-oh! Rosie, look who's in your cage!" She responded, and I kid you not, "Oh, that's okay." "Is that okay Rose?" "Yeah, it's fine. That's okay." "Okay, well as long as you're okay with it." "Yeah, it's okay." My jaw hit the floor on that one. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's great. She also barks like a dog, but sometimes it sounds like a crow. Dori "chirps" - Dori-bug! (our nickname for her) and "Dori-Dori!"