PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep a blue chicken on a play stand?

ShellyBorg
09-17-2013, 12:53 AM
No , really how do you?!

Blancaej
09-17-2013, 12:59 AM
LOL! She sounds a lot like Coqui! I just saw a video from Linda today of Coqui using drawers to climb up to the counter top in the kitchen. She opened the drawers then climbed up! She loves to wander. If she will fly down, I'm not sure there is much you can do. But if she is climbing, try building her a playstand with legs that are two large for her to climb down on. I am building a play stand using 3" PVC pipe. I think she will have some trouble climbing down that. Or at least I hope so! LOL!

ShellyBorg
09-17-2013, 01:04 AM
I have some of that! Ok, start building!
No flying just climbing. If I watch her and tell her no she snaps at me and climbs back up again! LOL

Blancaej
09-17-2013, 01:12 AM
I think I've seen you share the video of the perch I'm talking about. I got it from JerseyWendy way back. It's pretty cool! Do you know which one I'm talking about. It's a guy who breeds macaws and he has brief directions on how they make them. The main base is the 3" PVC pipe and you put natural wood perches through that for them to climb on. I've got all the parts, just got to build one for Savannah and Coqui when I have some time!

Rescued
09-17-2013, 04:05 PM
I hang swings from the ceilings. Sparky is a master climber, the only way I can get her to stay put is with nothing touching the ground.