PDA

View Full Version : conures are such fun

ACEPHONECHIC
04-17-2013, 01:01 PM
We have just recently added to our conure family with Ruby a baby Crimson Bellied Conure. We had received pictures of Ruby from the day she was brought in to be hand reared by a fantastic person called Muriel. Ruby was hatch in temperatures of -13 on the 14th January. A certain survivor the ground had 8 inches of snow. Now living with us she is a typical conure, she may be small but she will move on the Alexandrine Kosh or his wife Indian Ringneck Merlin if they are where she wants to sit.
She has bonded now with Pearl and Jade my greencheeked conures born last year, handreared by another lovely lady called Diana.
They have also made friends with Zak my beautiful male Sun Conure of 14 years. Pearl feeds Ruby and Zak feeds Jade so all friends.
What I love the most about conures they swing upside down from curtains and clothes horses. Share food from the mouth, insisting on joining in any activity.
But we love them to bits and what a miserable world it would be without our fun filled conures.

keepsmiling
04-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Sounds like a happy family.:) Please I must caution you , no mouth to bird sharing of food. We have bacteria present in our mouth that can make our birds very sick, or worse.

Abigal7
04-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Yes, conures are great birds. Just to be on the safe side I would not let them eat food from your mouth. Just to be sure no bateria that is deadly to them gets into their system.