PDA

View Full Version : AHHHHHHHH !!!!!! 2 more Macaws

Pinkbirdy
09-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Ive lost my mind !! I thought I was turning into TOO town . Now Its just going to be Macaw street :th_biggrin:So it started I was looking on craigslist [Pearl needs a new cage ) also always looking for play stands . I saw an add for 2 yellow bellied caiques with cage for 500 [ Dave and I love Caiques] We were admiring them .Then they dropped the price to 300 [they were young birds 2 years old . I called but missed out. That of course put me in this bird getting frame of mind . I saw an ad Saturday night 2 macaws [a greenwing and blue and gold] . They shared a cage male and female . Male blue and gold 6 and greenwing female 9.They wanted 700 for both birds cage ,Playstand and carrier. I dreamt about them all night. I called [you could tell they didn't really care about the birds] I thought he said they were in the basement. . Dave didn't want to go with me [it was an hour and a half away ] So I took my car tools [to break down the cage] and Gps. I think I had a premonition on this.They were In this awful basement . No food or water [the blue and gold looks very underweight] . I believe they fed them once a day [very little] . So we dismantled the cage loaded my car .The guy said the whole time [how its not like I need this money for drugs ] I think that's exactly what it was for and why it was so cheap . I feel like this whole day was meant to happen and me to follow through with. Now to figure out what lovely vet around here Im taking them to.So I have Rocky and Ruby [Ive learned its easier to just keep the names].

ShellyBorg
09-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Wow! Great job!

Honesty
09-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Wow! Terri, I just knew you would get some more, but I had a feeling it would have been Zons. It sounds like it was meant to be :) I am so pleased you have got Rocky and Ruby out of that awful situation. Keep us updated on the vet visit.

Look forward to seeing pics!

Rescued
09-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Thank goodness that you found them.

plax
09-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Very nice, Terri. I'm so glad you got them out of there! I've modified your bird list for you so you won't have to. I think I did it right. Congrats!

spiritbird
09-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Nice job and I know that R&R will be so much healthier and happier with you.

plax
09-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Now she'd better make those orange and blue stripes on either side of her signature a bit narrower I'd say ;)

Blancaej
09-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Wow, Terri! What awesome news. They couldn't go to a better home! :D I'm so glad you rescued them!!

Send me pics when you have time and ill squeeze them in your siggy!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Pinkbirdy
09-17-2013, 01:34 AM
Its neat hearing 3 Macaws in the house [they talk]. They have been eating and drinking all day .Ruby [the Greenwing ] Has a lot of mannerisms like Salsa!!! They are huge . I showed Harlow them [Rocky waved at her :) They like are attention . We will take as long as they need to build are relationship.They are good when you let them out . They play on top of their cage. I hope they learn to enjoy their toys.

Pinkbirdy
09-17-2013, 01:39 AM
Your right ,how am I going to fit more in my signature :) Thanks Tony ,for changing my list :) Green wings are such a different type of Macaw .She bounces ,dances and responds when you talk to her [ very smart]

Blancaej
09-17-2013, 01:40 AM
Sounds like things are going great. I'm sure they are happy to be out of that basement and appreciate getting their basic needs met! They sound sweet! Congrats again! :D

plax
09-17-2013, 02:04 AM
Your right ,how am I going to fit more in my signature :) Thanks Tony ,for changing my list :) Green wings are such a different type of Macaw .She bounces ,dances and responds when you talk to her [ very smart]You're welcome, Terri. It will be nice to see some videos of Ruby and compare her behaviors with Salsa's :)

Turquoise
09-17-2013, 05:30 AM
Oh Boy!! Another Green Wing Girl on here!!! A big Congrats to you!! :th_hug8:

And now you are a 3 Macaw family like me!!!:th_biggrin: They are fun to have around. I love how macaws are so personable & want to be in your life it seems more so than some other species. That is my personal perception of them & I have had other species in years past, so I do have some personal experience to draw on with my conclusion. I always knew macaws were my bird & I have not regretted a minute of living with my flock!! :th_biggrin:

Blancaej
09-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Your right ,how am I going to fit more in my signature :) Thanks Tony ,for changing my list :) Green wings are such a different type of Macaw .She bounces ,dances and responds when you talk to her [ very smart]

I have an idea how to squeeze them in your siggy already! ;)

spiritbird
09-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Is your bird number now 14? Perhaps you should go with a new siggy. One can outgrow their signature! Love hearing about them.

Pinkbirdy
09-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Im not sure what my number is . Does this mean I need to get birds in even amounts [to make my signature nice ;)] Honesty your right I was looking into a young zon [before this] .A yellow nape or yellow crown . I was able to visit babies [so cute].

Honesty
09-17-2013, 08:57 PM
A YC or a YN will just about even your flock out :th_hehe:

kimferg9209
09-18-2013, 03:13 PM
:) awesome rescue.... I'm the same way. So glad you have them now and they will know love and be part of your flock.

Mare
09-18-2013, 03:32 PM
You're incredible Terri! Lucky birds, indeed, to have you find them! We look forward to pics :). The more I hear about these special birds, the more I want to bring one home, myself! Someday...

jacksmom
09-19-2013, 12:01 PM
It just shocks me what some people do to their animals...I am so glad you got them! They probably would have gotten sick down there! :eek:

They are, Mare...not sure what it is about a good Macaw...but they have long been my personal favorite! :)