PDA

View Full Version : I have the most polite parrots anywhere!

ShellyBorg
09-15-2013, 06:29 PM
I get up Monday through friday at 5 am. On the weekends I am up around 7 am. This morning I get up at 9:30 and there is no noise...none. I jump up and open my door to a many happy birdy greetings! LOL I started thinking and this has happened before. They stay very silent until I get up, the kids say they don't say anything to them until I come out. I love my birdies. LOL:th_chickendance:

spiritbird
09-15-2013, 08:25 PM
They love you. My keets are the same way except I do not get up at 5 am.

coltfire
09-15-2013, 10:04 PM
mine only let me sleep in on a Sunday,and that is only until 8am, but as for polite birdies, locky the lorry is the most polite bird i know ,when ever you give him food you will always get a thank you out of him, well lots of thank you's

Debra
09-15-2013, 10:15 PM
My Frankie says thank you when we give him food too. My three in the living room are real good about not waking us up before 7:30, but that's late for us as during the week we get up at 4:30. Unfortunately, we are the rude ones as we wake them up to eat breakfast when we get up during the week. That's why they start wanting to go to bed at 7:30 in the evening. But even then, it's a polite night night Frankie out of Frankie, Amber goes into her hut, and Lucy is usually with the hubby but is willing to go to her sleep perch.

Honesty
09-16-2013, 08:01 AM
I have been trying to teach Codie to say Thank you, but, so far he has not said it. He snatches food from my hand!

Codie will not make a single sound until I uncover him, even though he knows I am in the room:)

Blancaej
09-17-2013, 01:21 AM
My birdies are great about not making a peep until the hear signs of life upstairs. Which I really don't mind. Because if the kids are up it's inevitable that I will be up, too! LOL!

Of course, once Savannah starts "calling" I HAVE to head downstairs. She won't stop generally until she see's me. LOL!

josiesmom
09-17-2013, 02:41 AM
Josie will talk quietly until she sees me. Very rarely does she say thank you. She has started saying 'bless you' when someone sneezes and she won't stop until you say thank you. She also sneezes and says bless you to herself. Of course she doesn't say thank you.

ConureGuy
09-17-2013, 03:26 AM
Out of my 3 the only one who makes a noise on a morning is georgie and i read senegals are a quiet species HA that was a lie jinx is silent as is keko but georgie oh no shes the house mouth piece on a morning and through out the day i'm waiting for jinx to tell her to shut it which i'm sure at some point he will LOL and i will expect keko will do the same at some point but all 3 of mine are golden and people ask me how there so well behaved i tell them with training and a whole lot of love. :)

Maddy
09-17-2013, 04:24 PM
You're lucky! My budgies chatter until I uncover them, Peatree will violently ring her bell, and Jester will screech. :th_LOL:

Mare
09-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Amigo and Sassy are quiet until they hear the first creak of a floor board, then Sassy is ALL in! Chip sleeps in the living room and will start tweeting at first light but as soon as he sees life moving around the house,he starts doing his full repertoire of sounds!

Turquoise
09-20-2013, 07:37 AM
My flock varies from day to day. On work days they are up a few mins before I get home around 7:00am. I get them out, fix their meals & back in they go so i can get ready for bed. they are usually good all day til I get back up at 2:00 pm for work. Out they come again til I leave for work. There are days occasionally that Roscoe & Angel can be a bit noisy for a short while when I need to sleep for work. Luckily that is a seldom occurrence.

On my days off I don't have any set time I get up & most days I have been up all night when their lights come on and I get them out for their morning play. When I am ready to take my 'nap' they go back in & entertain themselves after they eat til I am up again.

On days off mornings that I am asleep when they get up (all my enclosures have lights above them set on timers for wake & sleep times) they will stay quiet til they hear or see me & then they are their usual noisy selves. Mine have no set schedules & they are super fine with our crazy life.:th_biggrin:

josiesbro2
12-24-2013, 08:18 PM
My mom gets downstairs around 5:50-6 and then Josie starts the MAAAAAAAAAAAing so atleast ur kids wake up by themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

jules
12-24-2013, 10:19 PM
lol. shelly, your birds let you have a lie in :th_biggrin:

jasper starts her chatter as soon as it's light :th_hehe:

MomtoPercy
12-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Iin his old cage, percy didn't make a sound even if he could hear movement - probably because it was fully covered. Because the new cage is much bigger and because he's not settled in it, I don't cover him fully and he comes to the opening as soon as he hears movement and says "halloooo!"In his most singsong voice.