PDA

View Full Version : Hey I was just trying to help!

josiesdad
09-14-2013, 01:20 PM
I have been busy lately so I haven't been keeping up on my "Josie stories". But I found myself telling one to a client and thought it was worth blogging about. Josie has a routine with me now, I AM THE ONE SHE LOVES TO ARGUE WITH. So it came as no surprise that while I am the most focused she decides to be the loudest. I was typing away and I kept hearing her "angry attack bird noise" for her it is somewhere between a pissed off chicken and a really loud squeaky door. If I respond by walking over to the cage I am usually hit with a barrage of verbal abuse. Mostly her telling me I AM BAAAAAADDDDD! Telling me to GET OUT mixed in with the occasional BASTARD! It is all in good fun.... I hope. Usually after, I get a kiss for my time. But this day I was too busy so I just talked while I kept working. Then I noticed that her answers weren't in sync with my comments and NOW she sounded really upset. I stopped what I was doing and took a walk over to the cage and what I found made me smile. Josie was engaged in a mortal battle with a fearsome Musca domestica...... the common house fly. I watched for several minutes while she postured and showed dominance, I was impressed watching her display, as she let the fly know he was invading her territory. She lunged, she birdie roared but the fly would not back off, in fact it just kept flying in and out of her cage paying her no respect at all. Her frustration was obviously building as she was getting louder and pounding on the cage now. I decided to be her back up. I rolled up the nearest newspaper and must have looked ridiculous trying to strike it in mid air. Finally I caught a break, it landed on the wall and I struck. What followed next was not the reaction I expected at all. She waited about a full 2 seconds and let loose with a blood curdling NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! AUUUUUUUUGH!!! MAAAAAAAA! then she said sounding like she was truly heartbroken OH GOD! BASTARD!!!. Let's just say the quiet I wanted never came, and her vocabulary is quite interesting when she is mad. Hey I was just trying to help.

Macaw Lover
09-14-2013, 01:44 PM
What did you expect? You took away her entertainment since you were ignoring her. :th_biggrin:

Debra
09-14-2013, 02:37 PM
OMG!! How funny! I've missed hearing about the two of you.

coltfire
09-14-2013, 03:15 PM
to funny

Rescued
09-14-2013, 03:23 PM
How dare you interrupt her while she is asserting her dominance!

ShellyBorg
09-14-2013, 04:21 PM
LOL! Too funny!

kendrafitz
09-16-2013, 11:50 PM
Great story! Love Josie stories!! I would have loved to hear her! :)

Turquoise
09-27-2013, 12:40 AM
Ben, you are just too too funny!! :th_LOL: I would loved to have heard all this going down in person. Kinda' like say~~'A fly on the wall' listening to Josie chastise you in her special flamboyant way! :th_biggrin: