PDA

View Full Version : My Mum and Codie!

Honesty
09-13-2013, 12:32 PM
My Mum is here visiting this week and as most of you know, Codie absolutely loves her. While she is here, Codie does not want to know me:(
He sits on his stand all day right next to my Mum and copies everything she does. Here are a couple of videos. In the first one, he is copying her waving and he is also resting his foot under his beak imitating her resting her hand on her chin :) In the second one, he is copying my Mum itching her face LOL.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

jacksmom
09-13-2013, 12:51 PM
Too funny!!! :)

Aw, yeah, he sure is taken with her!!! ;)

spiritbird
09-13-2013, 12:53 PM
He looks totally enthralled with her. Your Mum is very pretty too.

Kiwitan
09-13-2013, 12:54 PM
isn't this very cute? does your mother interact with him a lot when she is around? :)

Debra
09-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Those are wonderful!! Tell your Mum hi for us!

Honesty
09-13-2013, 02:11 PM
He looks totally enthralled with her. Your Mum is very pretty too.Yes, he is besotted by my Mum Dianne:) Mum said to say thank you for the compliment:)

Honesty
09-13-2013, 02:12 PM
isn't this very cute? does your mother interact with him a lot when she is around? :)Thank you Misa. Yes my Mum spends her whole time with Codie when she visits. She loves him :)

Honesty
09-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Those are wonderful!! Tell your Mum hi for us!Thanks Deb. Mum says hi back :)

coltfire
09-13-2013, 02:16 PM
he really is taken by your mother, so cute him copying what your mothers doing, how is he when your mother leaves, does he get depressed.

Honesty
09-13-2013, 02:31 PM
he really is taken by your mother, so cute him copying what your mothers doing, how is he when your mother leaves, does he get depressed.Yes, Steve he gets very depressed for a few days once she leaves. Everytime someone walks in the door, he is looking to see if it is my Mum. He even knows when I am talking to her on the phone as he starts shouting "Hello". I am not sure how he manages to hear her on the phone!

Honesty
09-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Too funny!!! :)

Aw, yeah, he sure is taken with her!!! ;)Thank you Grace.

plax
09-13-2013, 06:19 PM
That's adorable, Wendy :). It seems that Codie is ecstatic about your mum's presence for whatever reason.

Honesty
09-13-2013, 09:37 PM
That's adorable, Wendy :). It seems that Codie is ecstatic about your mum's presence for whatever reason.Thank you Tony:) I am not quite sure why he is so obsessed with my Mum. I have never seen him like this with anyone!

Blancaej
09-14-2013, 12:57 AM
Those videos are great. I love seeing your mum interact with him. Looks like she enjoys him as much as he does her. At least she doesn't live with you, so you get him back until her next visit. :)

coltfire
09-14-2013, 01:45 AM
So Codie get extra cuddles and treat's, when your mother goes lol, as for the phone i found that with my two youngest daughters, when i was on the phone to them as they grew up with them , and i think it because they hear how you talk to your mother when she is around, and what you call her and as soon as he hear's you say her name the ears pop up and it's arrrrrr where is she , she must be here i heard her name, lol... just my thought and what i thought when i rang my kids.

jacksmom
09-14-2013, 07:02 AM
It could be that you look or sound similar to your mom to him...and now this is someone similar to his usual favorite that sits and talks with him the whole time...how nice to have all that undivided attention! :)

My mom is terrified of Jack, lol...it could be worse, Honesty! ;) As said earlier, he will be yours again when the visit is over! :)

Honesty
09-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Those videos are great. I love seeing your mum interact with him. Looks like she enjoys him as much as he does her. At least she doesn't live with you, so you get him back until her next visit. :)I think she talks to Codie more than she does me Blanca LOL

Honesty
09-14-2013, 10:50 AM
It could be that you look or sound similar to your mom to him...and now this is someone similar to his usual favorite that sits and talks with him the whole time...how nice to have all that undivided attention! :)

My mom is terrified of Jack, lol...it could be worse, Honesty! ;) As said earlier, he will be yours again when the visit is over! :)My Mum said she never thought she would ever see the day where a Parrot was going to fall in love with her :th_hehe: He does not leave her side the whole time she is here! I have some more pics which I will post in another thread :)

Honesty
09-14-2013, 01:06 PM
So Codie get extra cuddles and treat's, when your mother goes lol, as for the phone i found that with my two youngest daughters, when i was on the phone to them as they grew up with them , and i think it because they hear how you talk to your mother when she is around, and what you call her and as soon as he hear's you say her name the ears pop up and it's arrrrrr where is she , she must be here i heard her name, lol... just my thought and what i thought when i rang my kids.Yes. once my Mum goes, I have to treat him with kid gloves for a couple of days. He actually cries and keeps looking to see if she is coming in the door.

plax
09-14-2013, 03:12 PM
I think Steve may be correct about Codie detecting the phone conversations you have with your mum by the way you speak to her... and, of course, by the fact that she's probably the only one you address as "Mum" ;)

Honesty
09-14-2013, 03:18 PM
I think Steve may be correct about Codie detecting the phone conversations you have with your mum by the way you speak to her... and, of course, by the fact that she's probably the only one you address as "Mum" ;)Yes, you could be right. He certainly goes frantic when I am on the phone to her. lol

Turquoise
09-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Oh I love those videos, Wendy!!! Your Mom clearly loves Codie as much as he loves her. I love your Mom's accent too. That is adorable!!:th_heart:

I bet your Mom just pretends to come visit you. She really uses it as an excuse to see Codie! :th_biggrin:

It sure could be worse, Codie could be trying to rip her fingers off instead of wanting to imitate them. Then she would be insisting you rid yourself of 'The Demon Bird!!" :th_LOL:

Honesty
09-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Thank you De'Andrea. My Mum claims not to like Parrots, but while she is here she takes Codie all around the house with her! She has even said she misses him LOL