PDA

View Full Version : Lovely Pair Hyacinth Macaws Needing Homes

spiritbird
09-10-2013, 09:44 PM
These two Macaws are for adoption in the Maryland area from CL. I put them here because we have several members who are Macaw lovers. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

coltfire
09-10-2013, 11:03 PM
i so wish i could find them here that easy, but i will get one soon.

Debra
09-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Link says that it's been flagged for removal.

spiritbird
09-11-2013, 12:28 PM
I am not surprised because people just do not put birds like this on CL. Scammers do this.

Macaw Lover
09-11-2013, 06:22 PM
I am not surprised because people just do not put birds like this on CL. Scammers do this.

Actually you can but you have to learn to read the ads. If an ad passes the first read over of the ad, i.e., it doesn't say the bird is up to date on the vaccines I have written a response back asking normal questions such as who the vet is, what diet, what toys the bird likes to play with, who the breeder was, etc. It is the response back that you can tell immediately if the bird is real or not. If they don't answer your questions but start out why they are giving out the bird (going on a Mission and the bird can't come with) and then they ask you to promise to love the bird and on and on with stupid questions. When they want my address I have told them just to ship the bird to O'Hare airport in Chicago and I will meet the plane on the runway.

Sometimes I have just written a replay that calls them a scammer because at the bottom of my response I tell them directly not to waste my time or theirs because I won't be sending them any money.

plax
09-12-2013, 06:15 AM
Here ya go: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

spiritbird
09-12-2013, 12:43 PM
The link is no good when one has been banned. What does it say?

Blancaej
09-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Dianne, you should be able to access and read it without being signed in. So it shouldn't matter if you are banned or not. Just an FYI. :)

plax
09-12-2013, 02:51 PM
The link is no good when one has been banned. What does it say?Yes it is. Clear your browser's cookies and then you will be able to view the thread as a guest. Don't forget, I'm banned there too ;)

Debra
09-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Tony! That was great! Did you ever hear back from her?

plax
09-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Tony! That was great! Did you ever hear back from her?No, I don't think I did. I believe I posted every correspondence I received from him/her in the thread.

Mayden
09-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Tut tut, so many of you banned! :p

Can't see the add, doesn't necessarily mean they're a scammer though. I just think two hyacinths are a little more on the rare side than just the one!

plax
09-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Tut tut, so many of you banned! :p

Can't see the add, doesn't necessarily mean they're a scammer though. I just think two hyacinths are a little more on the rare side than just the one!Yes, we're banned because we're here. I wasn't able to see that ad in time either.

coltfire
09-12-2013, 11:09 PM
wonder why i have never been banned.

josiesmom
09-13-2013, 02:06 AM
I'm not banned either.

plax
09-13-2013, 02:26 AM
It's hard to say... they banned 5 or 6 of us. I guess they had to stop somewhere.

ConureGuy
09-13-2013, 03:07 AM
I'm also banned LOL i think that site has lost more members than it has gained pathetic really but there again i expect nothing less from them haha i have said it once i'll say it again i don't miss being a member on there i'd rather be here on pp with the most nicest people. :)

Turquoise
09-13-2013, 04:20 AM
I don't have any details, but I was told by a friend tonight on FB about a hyacinth in need of re-homing. She lives in PA, not sure if the Hy is near her. If it really needs a new home & she gets any info on it, I will post it on here.

tonkatiel
09-13-2013, 01:02 PM
I was banned from PF too :/
The scammers have been going nuts lately, every other day I'm seeing another pair of macaws available for adoption - its pretty easy to know straight away over here that its a scam, don't need to read anything more than the price - when macaws are worth $5000+ EACH its just a bit sus when people are asking $500 for a pair lol...