PDA

View Full Version : real bad start to spring

coltfire
09-10-2013, 03:17 PM
yes it was not a good 10 day's, first the fathers day eckkie's passed the following day, i went to pull it for hand raising and it was to late, then i found two baby budgies dead due to a freezing night then the other two eckkie egg's did not hatch, then lost George, then found one of the baby teils the last one to hatch dead, and then had to put Mildred down, oh and i had to remove 5 eggs from one of the keet's as they did not hatch one out of six in that box, so it has not been a good two weeks, oh and i for got blue boy broke his leg(keet)

spiritbird
09-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Oh my goodness, when it rains it really rains. :th_crycry:

tonkatiel
09-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Oh no! Really sorry to here this :( hopefully your bad luck is well and truly over now and the rest of the year brings nothing but joy x

ShellyBorg
09-10-2013, 11:28 PM
*hugs* The heartbreak of breeding. It sure has its highs and lows.

coltfire
09-10-2013, 11:45 PM
oh yes no two ways about that,if all my birds made it and hatched, i would have them coming out of my ears, not that i would mind one bit,but i just look at it as if the parents let them pass then there must have been some thing wrong, and the parents no better than i do, but it still hurts every one of them.

Debra
09-11-2013, 12:01 AM
I'm so sorry about all this. Hugs to you from me and my flock.

Turquoise
09-11-2013, 04:59 AM
So sorry to hear about all the widdle fabies that didn't make it Steve.:th_sad14: Lets hope the future hatchings when you have some will be much better.

Sometimes it seems nothing is going to look bright again. But, then it has a way of turning around and things start looking up. We are here for you to help you through it all. :th_hug8:

coltfire
09-11-2013, 12:49 PM
the eckkies are back at it already will have new eggs in two weeks. its all part of breeding its not always good, and if any thing goes wrong in the aviary and im not on it asap, i stand the chance of losing all the birds out there, which has happened before, many years ago. but as i said before it still hurts losing any birds. i really hate having to take them out of the box, that cuts deep, and i always try and hide it from the parents, no matter what species. i dont know why they no what im doing.

Blancaej
09-11-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm so sorry you've had a rough 10 days. Hopefully things will start looking up. I know you've gone through these things before but I'm sure it doesn't make it any easier. Sending hugs your way.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2