PDA

View Full Version : Well this will not work.

ShellyBorg
09-10-2013, 07:06 AM
Tonight I had to stay up to do some glass work that I have not gotten done in the last week. I cover cages, turn off the light and turn on my sound machine so it would drown out my noise. The flock goes to bed....except Paris. "What ya doing?" "pretty girl step up?" "Hello!" "ouch!" "Help!" and more that I should have written down. When she realized I would not talk back to her she talked to her self. At one time I heard my grey say " Bird, go to bed, Mom works!" 0.0 He always shocks me when he talks, its so rare, but he always has something important that is relevant to say when he does. Even now I am shutting down for the night she is so tired she is swaying on her perch, she is beak grinding and telling me I am a "good girl". *sigh* I guess I need to give up my late night work time.

Rescued
09-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Lol, oh dear, time to have a work space with a door away from the birdies. At least your talk, mine would just scream, nonstop, until I gave up and let them sleep.

Honesty
09-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Thats quite funny Shelly :) I am quite lucky, once I cover Codie, I do not hear a peep from him, even thought I am still in the same room as him on the Computer:)

spiritbird
09-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Shelly needs her own work space for sure.

coltfire
09-10-2013, 01:59 PM
sounds like you do need your own work space,im lucky they are all in the back room and once they are covered its only Jerry that will talk for about 45 min then it good night and not a peep till morning , and i have to walk through there room at least 15 to 20 times a night after bed time.

Debra
09-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Once covered, my guys are quiet. If we stay up too long watching tv or making any kind of noise, Lucy will let out a warning squawk. That means "enough!". So, when they get covered, Jerry goes to the spare room where he studies and I head off to the bedroom to watch tv. Do they have us trained or what? lol

ShellyBorg
09-10-2013, 02:09 PM
I have a living room that is a large V. The birds are at one end and the shop is behind a wall of bookshelves at the other. I never run my grinders at night, its always just what I can do without much noise. I wish I could have a outside shop! That would be a dream come true.