PDA

View Full Version : Highs and lows of this last week.

ShellyBorg
09-09-2013, 07:17 PM
I am so glad last week is over, now to just get past this one...
Last Monday a good friend went into the hospital for the last time, she will never have to be in pain or be worried for her health again. She past on Thursday, she almost seemed relieved to go...
Then a good friends mother went into surgery for a knee replacement, it took 4 days to come fully out of the anastasia...she is doing fine now but wow scary. My own Mom goes in for the same surgery at the end of this month.

If it was not for my flock I would have broke down this week. They were always there to ask "What's ya doing girl?", and to tell me
"Hello, baby!" I got lots of kisses and cuddles. In one day a senegal and a macaw both licked the tears from my face.
I love my flock so much...

spiritbird
09-09-2013, 07:45 PM
I am right there with you Shelly only it is this week for me that the weekend was bad and so is today. I am sorry about your friend passing. As a former hospice nurse I know when people are terminally ill they do not want to linger. Huggies to you and thank G.. for our birds!!!

spiritbird
09-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Now you see I lost the signature pic. Hope to fix it.

Blancaej
09-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Wow Shelly, you have been dealing with a lot! I too agree that our birds are like our sanctuary. They makes us feel better just being around them. We need them as much as they need us. :)

Nice new siggy Dianne!

Honesty
09-09-2013, 09:57 PM
I am sorry about your friend Shelly. You seem to have gone through alot in the past few weeks.:(

plax
09-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Hey Shelly... it seems that Thursday was quite a tough day for you as well :(. I'm so sorry about your friend. *hugs*

ShellyBorg
09-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Thanks everyone. The good news is it is looking up around here. :D

coltfire
09-09-2013, 11:17 PM
sorry about your friend, i glad things are starting to pick up for you, and if it was not for my fids , i would have lost it a long time ago.