PDA

View Full Version : I am a bad parront

Wulfgeist
09-09-2013, 03:34 AM
I don't have big bird rooms and sunporches and stuff like that but I love my animals and always want to do right by them. First this stupid brain fart that caused Jasper his life and today Tico went flying out the door. Crowley was locked up and I had let Tico out for a bit. I went to dump my coffeepot outside so I could make new. I opened the door and stepped outside and here he flies across the space to go with me I guess. I heard him and tried to get out and turn to block him back in with the door but he was out, he wheeled about and tried to fly back in at the same time and the door then spooked him and off he flew...I'm calling and cussing at the same time, see him wing around the tree in the back yard. I *should* have ran after him but I ducked in to grab shoes when I lost sight of him. So out I go, looking and calling..got his bell and am out there ringing it..tell my landlord's daughter and another girl to keep an eye out for him. I get his cage and set it in the back yard where I last saw him round the tree. This went on for about an hour and half. I came inside for a moment and pretty soon I hear the girls hollering that they found him. Little dork went the other way somehow and was in the driveway the opposite direction I saw him go. They tried to catch him and he flew up on the porch railing and there he sat when I got upstairs, looking a bit bedraggled but somehow pleased with himself.

I'm just having the dumbest time especially with the birds.

He was pretty pleased to be home however and was dancing away after he got a drink and some corn. I have a little video of his happy self that I will share once I figure out how to flip it so it's not sideways on the computer. heh.

ShellyBorg
09-09-2013, 03:48 AM
So glad you got him back! I do not have a bird room, I have more cages then furniture! Take a deep breath and relax. It worked out and everything is ok now.

Honesty
09-09-2013, 07:25 AM
I am so glad you got him back. Your not a bad parront RJ. Sometimes these things happen!

coltfire
09-09-2013, 12:22 PM
so glad it all turned out in the end, these things do happen, and im sure its to test us .

Blancaej
09-09-2013, 12:52 PM
So glad you got Tico back! Accidents happen, none of us are perfect, so don't be so hard on yourself! Just be thankful he is back in your home! :th_biggrin:

Debra
09-09-2013, 02:26 PM
You are not a bad parront. My Bloke has had two excursions in the great outdoors. Luckily, he was so bonded to Sydney that both times I put her outside in a cage and they called back and forth to each other until he came home. He's now not allowed out of the bird room if we are opening the front/back door. This happens to the best of us so don't beat yourself up over it.

Mayden
09-09-2013, 09:23 PM
You're having some rough luck lately what with everything from your move, Jasper, Crowley and everything in between... don't hate on yourself for it. Tico is a happy healthy GCC and you're doing fine. xxx

Turquoise
09-10-2013, 04:20 AM
Oh I am glad you were able to get Tico back safely!!:th_hug8: Our feathered kids can be little stinkers at times.:th_hehe:

I don't have a large bird room either. My flock lives amongst my hubby & me in our living room/dining room/den area in their large enclosures. It is one big L shape room with the front door on one end & the back door almost in line with the front. For me, I do clip my parrot's wings as my hubby is not the most safety conscientious person around. When he is involved in a project he has 'blinders' on & only sees the task at hand. He will forget to close the doors, leaving a wide open space for an unsuspecting bird to just fly out of.

He lost my sulcata tortoise about a month ago due to his forgetting to close the yard gate while he was outside working on my hallway to my new bedroom. He didn't just forget to close one gate~~No, he left both the inner yard gate where Toodle Butt lived open & the outer yard gate open where she was going to get to roam when I finished lining the fence bottom. I have not seen her since & have not had word of anyone finding her in my area!

So, you are not a bad parront at all RJ. As sad as it is sometimes, accidents happen. The wonderful thing about our fabies is when they love us so much that they make every effort to get back to us and we have a happy story to tell in the end as you & Tico have. :th_biggrin: