PDA

View Full Version : Coming Out Of Her Shell

Blancaej
09-08-2013, 06:36 PM
As of September 16th Savannah will have been with us for 5 months now. I really don't think she was ever allowed to explore her environment outside of her cage. So it's a whole new world for our 20 year old sweet girl! I am finding that she is coming out of her shell more and more everyday. She doesn't normally like being on the floor but the other day she walked down my leg from the couch, onto the floor and toward my daughter Morgan to go see her. She loves Morgan. :) She is also starting to walk across the couch a little further from me. She tends to stick real close to mom. :th_wink:

Well today she decided it was time to check out the dining room table and read my catalog with me. I think she was picking out the bag she wanted! LOL! :th_biggrin: It's so nice to see her confidence grow with each passing day!

Here are a few pics of her on the table:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

spiritbird
09-08-2013, 08:38 PM
She will be a big help to you making scrap books. Very cute photos

Blancaej
09-08-2013, 08:44 PM
LOL! I guess she will. She can help do the cutting! ;)

Debra
09-08-2013, 09:08 PM
That's so cute!

Honesty
09-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Beautiful pics:)

coltfire
09-08-2013, 11:00 PM
great pics, so glad she is coming out of her shell for you. its so rewarding when they do.

Pinkbirdy
09-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Sweet Girl!!!! Nice she's becoming a family bird.

Mare
09-08-2013, 11:23 PM
She's starting to get around, that's great! Does she fly, Blanca?

Blancaej
09-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Thanks everyone! She really enjoys being around all of us. I am her favorite and she will lunge at Brad and even the kids now and then. But they know better then to run by her to quickly, which is when she will do that. She will let them pet her on her terms and she absolutely loves watching the kids!

She is definitely becoming a family bird Terri! I know the whole family just loves her!

And yes Steve, it is very rewarding! I love watching her slowly bloom! :th_biggrin:

To answer your question Mare, she does not currently fly. We think she has muscle atrophy in her wings from lack of exercise in her previous home. We have been getting her to exercise those wings, but she is yet to fly. I'm hoping that will change at some point. Not that I want to encourage flying in the house, but it would be great exercise on her harness outside.

Rescued
09-09-2013, 01:59 AM
How wonderful that you have such a lovely girl. I'm sure that she is happy to be in your home and learning all the new things in her life.

Blancaej
09-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks Elizabeth! She certainly seems to be blooming in our home. It's nice to see her so happy!

Turquoise
09-12-2013, 08:22 AM
I love how Savannah is so comfortable so quickly in your home Blanca. She is truly a gorgeous girl. :th_heart:

She would steal my heart in a hurry if I could see her in person. To be 20 yrs old & not being able to do much til now is truly a miracle that she did not come with lots of baggage that would take you maybe years to work through. You have done a terrific job of letting Savannah's true personality come out, Blanca.:th_hug8:

Blancaej
09-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks De'Andrea, I think we were meant to be together! I feel pretty lucky that she has blossomed like she has. I was worried that her prior life would effect her in negative way and I would have some issues that would take months to work though. But I feel like one pretty lucky parront to have her in my flock. She is just awesome! :th_biggrin: