PDA

View Full Version : Quincy's Dog Days Are Fixed!

Blancaej
09-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Ok, so he still loves shoes but I have found the perfect solution! Baby shoes! Went to the thrift store and bought him some baby sneakers for him to chomp on. Threw them in the wash and 10 minutes later he was chewing it to bits! He loves them! He never ingests any of the shoe material, just loves to tear them apart! Here is a pic of his new favorite toy!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

I took these about a week ago. I will have to add a pic of what the poor shoe looks like now! It's not pretty! LOL!

Pinkbirdy
09-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Love his stand Blanca :) Cute idea with the shoe.

coltfire
09-09-2013, 12:14 AM
so what size shoe was that,:th_hehe: if they dont last a week i would be taking them back and showing them and asking for a discount on the discounted shoes,:th_LOL: great looking stand you have there for him

Blancaej
09-09-2013, 12:35 AM
Thanks Terri & Steve!

LOL! Luckily the shoe come in pairs! That particular pair only cost me $.99. Pretty cheap bird toy! I will have to take pics of what the shoe looks like now. He has pulverized it! LOL!

I built this play stand way back in May. Here is the thread I posted them in if you want to see more pics. Savannah's has been totally revamped since these pictures with an all wood perch top. But Quincy's hasn't changed much. You can see the changes to Savannah's on page 2 of this thread.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]!

Blancaej
09-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Ok, here is the shoe after about a week...

Front

Back

Side

Debra
09-10-2013, 12:20 AM
But, Mooooommm, there's still good chewing to be done on this!

Blancaej
09-10-2013, 12:29 AM
LOL! I suppose there is! I've replaced it with the other one from the pair. But will put this one on one of his other play gyms!

coltfire
09-10-2013, 05:01 AM
and i thought i kid went through shoe's lol, that's one shoe just about gone, but by the looks of it , he has a lot of fun destroying it, do you cut the soles off or does he rip them off.

Blancaej
09-10-2013, 11:12 AM
He chews them to bits! The first day I found the sole in a million pieces on the bottom of his cage! :eek:

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

coltfire
09-10-2013, 02:14 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhh what a mess,

Blancaej
09-10-2013, 06:37 PM
I think that is an under statement! Lol!

ShellyBorg
09-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Tell the thrift store you would take any singles they have, or any that are not worth selling. You may end up with a box full

Blancaej
09-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Fantastic idea Shelly!!

Turquoise
09-12-2013, 07:02 AM
That is just too cute an idea using baby shoes for chew toys, Blanca!! The after photo makes me think of a disheveled de-furred mouse for some reason. Maybe due to the bits of grey frowsy material hanging from the main body parts. :th_LOL:

There are so many neat out of the ordinary toys we can find for our feathered kids if we just go looking for them. I have found many good fun things at the Dollar stores that my flock love to destroy.:th_biggrin:

Blancaej
09-12-2013, 12:29 PM
LOL! I can definitely see how you can mistake the shoe for a mouse! Maybe we should keep it hanging so the mice know not to mess with this dude!

I just spent $26 bucks at the dollar store the other day to make Linnie toys! I was going to take a pic of my stash and then show the creations we made from them afterwards. I'm going to have the kids help me!