PDA

View Full Version : Thought I would join up with this group

Macaw Lover
09-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Since I had a little time today I thought I would sign up and join this group. I did have a good laugh regarding that login screen where it wants your birth date. I have no problem with month and day but when it comes to the year, besides never asking a lady how much she weighs, you never ask how old she is. :th_eek: Heck, if the system allowed me to use 1492 as the year of my birth I would have. :th_loltears: I know the world is about posting every intimate detail about ones life but that is not for me so things like revealing my age or having a FB account I will not do.

I do have 3 little baby birdies (Macaws) with Jody being the oldest and I have had her since 1989. I also have Kalea and Donovan. They are the loves of my life

Debra
09-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Welcome to our forum, Renee'! I can't wait to learn more about your babies. By the way, we love pics here!

ShellyBorg
09-07-2013, 06:15 PM
LOL we use your birthdate to help protect the under age crowd. Welcome to our group!

Macaw Lover
09-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Looks like I can't spell (again). I guess I 'joint' up

Honesty
09-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Hello Renee and :th_welcomesign:to the forum.

We would love to see some pics of Jody, Kalea and Donovan.

Blancaej
09-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Hello Renee and Welcome to our flock! Pull up a perch and stay awhile. Can't wait to hear more about your birdie babies and yourself. Many people do not reveal there age. Just the month and day of the birthdate. So no worries! :th_biggrin:

plax
09-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Welcome to our community, Renee' :). The reason we require a member's year of birth is simply to preclude children under 13 years of age from joining without parental consent. If we didn't do that it would place us in a vulnerable position with regard to COPPA compliance. We don't want to require exact age information from our members, but we as well don't want to be as legally vulnerable as we would otherwise. No one looks at the year of birth entered; only our software is concerned with it ;)

So what are the species of your 3 Macaws?

Animalman2046
09-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Renee welcome to the forum............we don't care how ancient you are............lol. Again welcome. I also am a salty old dog here.............. he he he he

coltfire
09-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Welcome to the forum , hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us do, pics would be great.

spiritbird
09-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Renee Welcome to our forum. You will fit right in. There are several instructional forums to help you get used to us. Hope you do not mind that I edited your title and replaced "joint" with "join".

Macaw Lover
09-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Renee Welcome to our forum. You will fit right in. There are several instructional forums to help you get used to us. Hope you do not mind if I edited you title and replaced joint with join.

Thanks for straightening me out with that joint.

One of my problems in life, among all the rest, is that I once was able to get pics off my camera and onto the computer. I have been able to do that in the past but it hasn't worked for me for a while. Oh well, such is life.

Rescued
09-08-2013, 12:56 AM
Do you have a smart phone, it's really easy from there, but I know a lot of people aren't big into tech stuff. I have one device for everything. I'm tech stupid so it has to be simple to use and easy to fix. My phone camera is the only one I have so getting pictures is easy. Welcome to the forum. :-)

Macaw Lover
09-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Do you have a smart phone, it's really easy from there, but I know a lot of people aren't big into tech stuff. I have one device for everything. I'm tech stupid so it has to be simple to use and easy to fix. My phone camera is the only one I have so getting pictures is easy. Welcome to the forum. :-)

No, I have one of the dumb phones (vs smart phones) and I use it as a phone. If I have communications with another human being I prefer talking to them one on one and not all this texting that is done in this day and age. I know it is old fashioned, but does anyone else realize there are so many people out there who do not know how to talk to another person?

I will admit it would have been easier for my phone to get/send pics on two occasions but that is life. A few years ago I had both pic sending and texting disabled on the phone as I did not use it and when WalMart started sending me texts which was costing me money I got mad and had it shut down. Why should I have to pay for companies trying to sell me their stuff? No, ain't happening.

Wulfgeist
09-09-2013, 02:57 AM
Hi Renee' and welcome. I agree with you on the face to face bit. And sadly everyone communicates like they are sending a text. No respect or formality at all.

Turquoise
09-10-2013, 03:07 AM
Welcome to the flock Renee'. You have my favorite kind of parrots~~Macaws!!:th_hug8:

I look forward to hearing all about them. :th_biggrin: