PDA

View Full Version : Amigo's flock.

Mare
09-04-2013, 12:50 AM
There have been times on forums that I've been ridiculed for letting Amigo fly freely because he is a bird that, if in the wild, would be a member of a flock. Well, because there are no other umbrella cockatoos out here to hang out with, we are it!
We are a motley crew. Mostly, our wings are clipped, we don't always agree with what he has to say, some of us fly but most of us don't. I believe he has come to accept us all for who we are and has developed a respect for others in his territory. He's a good flock member, (finally!), and I believe he's happy we are part of his :)!

Heather
09-04-2013, 01:11 AM
I really like hearing about Amigo and his flying adventures

Mare
09-04-2013, 01:43 AM
Thanks Heather, I'm going to have to add, he is not perfect! Just now, my son is outside getting ready to leave but had to check his break fluid in his car. Amigo flys to the top of his open car door. This is the son who has been attacked, wickedly, by Amigo in the past. Although Amigo has laid off him, for quite some time, my son is paranoid with good reason.

Son takes his screwdriver, the kind with the removable head where one side is for screw the other for Phillips head, and try's to move Amigo off. Amigo grabs the removable tip and flys off into the oak tree! My son comes tells me what's going on and when I go out there Amigo is sitting, picking his beak, ignoring us with this tool in his foot! He finally dropped it and all was well. The little punk!
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Rescued
09-04-2013, 01:43 AM
I've heard of worse flocks. ;-)

Rescued
09-04-2013, 01:46 AM
Lol, thats what your son deserves for threatening Amigo, Poor birdie! ;-)

Pinkbirdy
09-04-2013, 02:08 AM
Sorry Im still laughing Mare :) Of course Id being saying "Its ok he'll give it back" ;) Then when he still had it "That's ok we'll get another one" :)

Blancaej
09-04-2013, 02:24 AM
LOL! Got to love our little stinkers! I think Amigo has a great flock! He is a pretty lucky bird! :)

Mare
09-04-2013, 03:04 AM
Oh no, Terri, you don't know Amigo..he gives nothing back, not till he's ready, anyways :distant:!
Yeah, we've got to love them Blanca and thanks, I think we are pretty lucky, too :)! (Although, I may be the only one thinking this way :th_biggrin:!)

spiritbird
09-04-2013, 12:42 PM
He is one smart bird! Wish you would show us more videos of him.

Debra
09-04-2013, 01:48 PM
I love hearing about Amigo! I can just picture the look of satisfaction on his face because he had something of your son's.

Honesty
09-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks Heather, I'm going to have to add, he is not perfect! Just now, my son is outside getting ready to leave but had to check his break fluid in his car. Amigo flys to the top of his open car door. This is the son who has been attacked, wickedly, by Amigo in the past. Although Amigo has laid off him, for quite some time, my son is paranoid with good reason.

Son takes his screwdriver, the kind with the removable head where one side is for screw the other for Phillips head, and try's to move Amigo off. Amigo grabs the removable tip and flys off into the oak tree! My son comes tells me what's going on and when I go out there Amigo is sitting, picking his beak, ignoring us with this tool in his foot! He finally dropped it and all was well. The little punk!
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] I can just imagine Amigo sitting in that tree with a part of your Sons screwdriver :)

I also love hearing your stories about Amigo!

Mare
09-04-2013, 02:19 PM
I love hearing about Amigo! I can just picture the look of satisfaction on his face because he had something of your son's.

Debra, it was EXACTLY that! It was so funny, reminded me of two young boys, one gets his toy taken away by the other and comes running to mommy for help! :)

Dianne, I'll try and get some videos up, soon. The one I have of Sassy and Chip, I can't get it to load onto youtube, which is where I have to put it to get to here. I'll try a different one and see if that works.

jacksmom
09-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Thanks Mare!!! Amigo is such a trip! :D